MGB: Carlos Harris comes to defense of McNulty

Brett Vito

See this as a perfect example of what I am talking about.  JRock is a long time loyal fan.  He is not a "little boy always crying wolf", nor his he a constant bitcher or whiner.  In fact, he often tries to be a voice of reason. When he expresses such frustrations in the sane and sound manner he has causes me much anxiety.  Why?  Because there are probably many more just like him who are solid fans feeling the exact same way. 

We together, simply must find a way to right this ship for the long term in terms of establishing a winning tradition.  To me that does not have to mean bowl games every year forever.  While that might be great it is pretty unrealistic at this point and time.  But, a winning record most years is certainly doable for the Mean Green.  It will take a great number of folks to make this happen.

Bowls game every year in the current FBS structure should most definitely be the expectation.  Anything less should be considered a failure.

84 of 128 college teams will go to a bowl game this season.  No reason we shouldn't be one of them.

3 new bowl games mean 84 of 128 college football teams will go bowling

By Chris Fuhrmeister

@ccfuhr on May 6, 2015, 8:33a

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/5/6/8557399/new-college-football-bowl-games-yes-more

• Upvote 3

O line isn't our strength.

fast linebackers didn't play

no "spy" on the quarterback

play the quarteback that can run and Still make the throws

thank you lance dunbar for salvaging the weekend for me, meaning giving me an ice pack for my boys,  because the repeated kick in the nuts are getting old.

august 30, 2014. Drive down to austin. Kick in the ......

october 4, 2014. Fly to indianapolis.  Kick ..........

october 11, 2014.  Convince an innocent friend to go to birmingham with me, force him to get repeatadly kicked in......

ok, basketball season is here,  surely it will get better.........

convince same friend and his wife to go back to birmingham, since we had sooooo much fun the last time, to watch a basketball tourny.

the wives had to watch, as we all got...........kicked in the..........

See you guys saturday.  Will start cooking at 6:00 a.m. All the while reminding myself what the definition of insanity is.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

The main thing that is upsetting to me here is that we are starting a mediocre 5th year senior.  I do not understand staying with the known commodity, when the bar for that commodity is so low.  Are they in a vacuum?  Because there is enough statistical evidence to know what this kid can do.  IMHO you go with the unknown here.  If we are admitting that the perceived upside of every other kid on the bench does is not greater than what we are using, then that is a problem.  I don't understand being that stubborn.  We going to wait and lose the first four games, including our "bought" perceived patsy game against the lower tier school, then start the learning curve to try to salvage the season?  Is that what it's going to take?

• Upvote 4

If Carlos is referring to the MG fans that take their time to vocalize their frustration on a clearly sub-par QB as "nobodies," then someone needs to have a serious talk with this kid. I don't see most of the criticism on AM being about his persona or work ethic. Moreover, without the fans who actually care enough about UNT to voice their frustration (while many of them still make serious contributions to this program), this FB program would probably either be gone like UAB's or stuck at FCS for good. Don't take it so personal, Carlos--you are attacking the wrong crowd. Many of us are far from a "nobody" with real jobs and successful careers that also take a high amount of work ethic and dedication and we then DECIDE to take some of our hard-earned financial resources and limited time to support a program most people laugh at and don't take seriously.

However, if he is directing his attack to someone else, then ignore this comment. But I have a feeling that latter is not the case...

• Upvote 4

Yes instead of taking up for his teammate - even though no one I know has ever questioned McNulty as a person or student athlete - why doesn't Carlos apologize to the fans for having to miss the first quarter of the SMU game for violating team rules?