I'll Take UNT and SMU Any Day....

KRAM1

Yes, Sir, by far a more exciting game will be UNT's win today at SMU.  Just look at these great competitive Big XII match ups today.  Only one seems to have even a chance of an upset or being even close to competitive.

Lamar at Baylor.... Continues the history of soft non-conference match ups for Baylor...predicted score Baylor 73. Lamar 7

SFA at TCU... No. 3 TCU taking on powerhouse SFA...way to go Frogs...predicted score TCU 56 SFA 6

UTEP at TTech...  Well, this one has a chance to be decent...UTEP got whacked by Ark but Tech is no powerhouse...still predicted score Tech 38 UTEP 27

Central Ark at OSU... Really Okie State?  Really?....predicted score OSU 42 Central Ark 7

Yes Sir...give me the Mean Green and the Ponies with the Mean Green winning the "Safeway Bowl" today.  

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

And, well, I just like the real college gameday environment.  I know some of these programs have grown so much that they need the huge stadiums for their fans, but it gets such a commercialized feel that it's more of a pro sports environment than a college one, even though on paper they're still college teams.

90 agreed to back off on game day...

just saying

And, you believed that?  Silly you.  Just looking at some of the big boys and their home opponents today. A little perspective helps sometimes.  The UNT-SMU match up is far far more attractive than any of those listed big boy schedules. And, both teams and their fans are expecting an exciting and competitive game.  You think the same can be said for the above match-ups?  Almost like making NFL fans pay full price for those inane pre-season games.

You forgot UT/Rice...

that one will end one of two ways:

1. UT takes out all their frustrations from being pimp slapped by Notre Dame...and beats Rice 60-13 or so

2. Rice helps the horns put their other foot in the grave and the Charlie Strong era is on borrowed time

Agree...good point.  Missed that one.  Go Rice!

but, most of all...BEAT SMU!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

UTEP at TTech...  Well, this one has a chance to be decent...UTEP got whacked by Ark but Tech is no powerhouse...still predicted score Tech 38 UTEP 27

This is the Cerebus Upset Special of the Week™.

TT gave up 6.9 yards a game to Sam Houston last week.  UTEP might have the best running game in the conference.  IF they can just slow down the raider passing game they have a great chance to win.

If they don't, this might be a 120+ point game.

• Upvote 2

Well, in the spirit of Emmitt's comment about games I left out, let's just add a few more from the ranks of the big boys today...

Ohio State over Hawaii by 41

Alabama over Middle by 35

USC over Idaho by 44

Florida State over South Florida by 28

UCLA over UNLV by 30.5

TX A&M over Ball St by 30

Arkansas over Toledo by 21.5

Ole Miss over Fresno St by 30.5

OK, that's enough.  But let me ask this...who the heck is some yahoo at the Dallas Morning News named EJ Holland who has predicted the score at SMU 37 - UNT 17...what?  Guy must be eating mushrooms and smoking weed while writing that stuff!  Pffffft.....UNT takes down the ponies on the own home turf today...Book it Danno!  And, yep, so glad I will be watching this Mean Green win rather than having to sit through the possible yawners these big boys have set up for today!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

And, well, I just like the real college gameday environment.  I know some of these programs have grown so much that they need the huge stadiums for their fans, but it gets such a commercialized feel that it's more of a pro sports environment than a college one, even though on paper they're still college teams.

Then don't go to an Allen high school game. That is one big sponsored advertising commercial after another.

And, you believed that?  Silly you.  Just looking at some of the big boys and their home opponents today. A little perspective helps sometimes.  The UNT-SMU match up is far far more attractive than any of those listed big boy schedules. And, both teams and their fans are expecting an exciting and competitive game.  You think the same can be said for the above match-ups?  Almost like making NFL fans pay full price for those inane pre-season games.

Agree...good point.  Missed that one.  Go Rice!

but, most of all...BEAT SMU!

also missed K-State at UTSA which could be interesting 

The commercialized feel brings in $ that helps to hire good coaches and fire under-performing coaches and ADs. We could use some of that commercialized feel around here.

Will you be posting one of these threads on October 10?

Probably not for two reasons,

1. Portland State has proven this season that they cannot be overlooked.  Ask Leach and Wash. St., and

2. I will be out of the country and probably not doing much posting.  Must do a better job of scheduling these trips in the future...I miss this game, homecoming events and the UNT Alumni Awards event.  Bummer.   

They don't call him Kram for nothing. The Safeway of random grudges...kram them in anytime, any place, anywhere. GMG!

Smh...nope....just trying educate a few of the "usual suspects".  Grudges are for folks in funny hats.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1