Anyone see a line for the SMU game?

Harry

New coach will have SMU ready. Mac views this as a "non-rivalry" game, SMU by 7 at home (UNT has never won at an SMU home stadium--Texas Stadium was a neutral site)

I'm inclined to agree (and have stated as much a couple different times on here). However, last night I had a dream that UNT won handily and I had to come on here and eat crow. So now I'm going the other direction. 

• Upvote 2

New coach will have SMU ready. Mac views this as a "non-rivalry" game, SMU by 7 at home (UNT has never won at an SMU home stadium--Texas Stadium was a neutral site)

Now you are just trolling.  Mac got it real quick last year just how much this game matters to the fanbase, even though he looked at it first as if there was  no reason this could be looked at as a rivalry because of the lopsided record overall. Once he saw this and heard about Russia State being preferred to SMUby George Dunham, he knew then what this menat. And we went out there and crushed them.

When he was at Iowa State, ISU hadn't beaten Iowa in years. Hayden Fry had just owned ISU. Then, once Mac got things going in Ames, he turned the tables on Iowa. He started winning more than he lost against Iowa, knowing that game mattered more to ISU fans than any other game. He's gonna do the same thing here with SMU. The Ponies don't look at us as any kind of rival--they have TCU and UH for that, not to mention Tulsa and Tulane. We will always want this game more than they will, even if we don't win it.

• Upvote 1