serious question

golfingomez

I watched them at home this season one time and left at Half because it was so bad. Quite possibly the worst I have seen in fundamentals outside of a kids team. Counted 7...SEVEN traveling calls in the first half.

Yep...and offensive side is just as bad. The defense has been very very good...if they could shoot at all, we would be seeing a much different result. Traveling and turnovers seem to be part of the women's game...now, I do not recall seven Mean Green traveling calls in the first half of any game...which one was it? Could be for sure....it's a part of the women's game...even at the highest levels of women's BB. Just don't understand it. And...that hitting the bottom of the rim on lay ups thing! Yikes! This team cannot shoot and are now passing up open shots...looks like a golfer with the yips!

At least you have a sample of 1/2 of one game on which you judge...most talking about the team don't even have that.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I watched them at home this season one time and left at Half because it was so bad. Quite possibly the worst I have seen in fundamentals outside of a kids team. Counted 7...SEVEN traveling calls in the first half.

I find the whole Peterson thing puzzling. He seemed to have a good coaching history, and a team that was just 1 win away from at least breaking even that season, with good, even outstanding players coming back. The good players started leaving for whatever reason. I just wonder if this place isn't a good fit for him; he seems to have a background in religion studies, and a history of teaching at smaller private schools. I have doubts about RV hiring someone he described at the introductory presser as "a friend". Those seem a bit difficult to deal with if it turns out they're not a good fit.

Edited by eulessismore

And you're the one that should know all about participation trophies since you support an athletic director who is simply interested in participating instead of winning.

This is a cheap shot. #1. Rv cares deeply about winning. #2. Mark donates to this university with his heart, his soul, his time, and his money. He supports this university, no matter who the athletic director is. I don't understand why that concept is so hard for some of you.

#poundawayatyourbestdonors

#itsallajoke

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

everyone that is not emotionally attached to him that it is past time for him to go. That is not being negative toward him or the university.

Very well worded right here. RV has demonstrated through bad hires and bad scheduling that his time here has ran it's 14 year course. It's just that simple.

People who can't see that are far too close to and are evaluating RV the person, not RV the AD.

I don't care if RV "cares about winning," I care that he actually wins. I don't care if RV "is doing the best he can with the schedule," because it's painfully obvious the best he has is woefully lacking in this area.

Those that use these term to defend RV clearly have a personal relationship with RV and are letting that relationship cloud their judgement about RV the AD.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2

Very well worded right here. RV has demonstrated through bad hires and bad scheduling that his time here has ran it's 14 year course. It's just that simple.

People who can't see that are far too close to and are evaluating RV the person, not RV the AD.

I don't care if RV "cares about winning," I care that he actually wins. I don't care if RV "is doing the best he can with the schedule," because it's painfully obvious the best he has is woefully lacking in this area.

Those that use these term to defend RV clearly have a personal relationship with RV and are letting that relationship cloud their judgement about RV the AD.

Personal relationships are great and there's something to be said about loyalty. But if you look at the state of things objectively, there's no way anyone can say that things are trending in the right direction. My biggest fear is folks letting personal relationships, along with the perks that come with them, get in the way of seeing that.

Edited by ChristopherRyanWilkes
  • Upvote 2

#1. Rv cares deeply about winning.

Does he??? Our worst in conference 6-20 record in CUSA FB, MBB and WBB games says otherwise. Now that's a joke. If he cared that deeply about winning he would resign. 14 years in, the best he can do is 6-20?? Give me a break.

You're quick to point out that MGC donations go directly to student athlete scholarships. Let me ask you this. Do you really think the student athlete will be worse off if RV is gone? Record wise, we literally cannot be worse in CUSA than we are now. Don't you think that maybe, just maybe if your boy RV is shown the door, we might find an AD that actually cares about winning, get us out of the CUSA cellar, then in turn, those precious MGC donations might increase?

• Upvote 1

Personal relationships are great and there's something to be said about loyalty. But if you look at the state of things objectively, there's no way anyone can say that things are trending in the right direction. My biggest fear is folks letting personal relationships, along with the perks that come with them, get in the way of seeing that.

My fear is this has been going on for years at UNT and will continue to occur.

• Upvote 1

In a perfect world there are three engines that drive the athletic department. Football is hitting on four cylinders, men's basketball on 2 and women's basketball on 1. The engines are definitely choking and laboring right now.

This analogy only makes sense if we were driving a V12.