Oklahoma State (12/3/14)

CMJ

I feel that we have adequately hashed out our opinions and that it offered me sweet salvation from watching the train wreck of our full team vs their backups.

And for that, I thank you.

The only opinion I seem to have that is different is that I have faith. Everything else seems to be in line with anyone else.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Am I correct to state it seems like we are running the zone defense but not executing it correctly? I'm not a basketball analysis or scheme expert but it seems like our guys leave their zones to cover a guy and they'd pass it to anither guy who would hit a wide open three. Seems like something we can correct.

Am I correct to state it seems like we are running the zone defense but not executing it correctly? I'm not a basketball analysis or scheme expert but it seems like our guys leave their zones to cover a guy and they'd pass it to anither guy who would hit a wide open three. Seems like something we can correct.

I agree. Early in the season the zone was "working" because the other teams were just not good, and not good shooting teams in particular. Then, when we play teams with guys who can fill it up from deep, we get absolutely torched.

AJ English for Iona and Forte for Ok State are both pure shooters and both set career high for scoring in their respective games against us this season. And it's not a coincidence. Our sloppy zone is tailor made for these guys to have open look after open look. Or when these guys bring the ball up court our on-ball defender gives them room to prevent the penetration in the zone, so they just pull the trigger. When those players are pure-shooter types, they're in a prime position to have a career game. Which they have.

Eric Capper needs to get off his ass and personally ensure that this myth is not continually transmitted on TV. Send a note to the F'in color commentators clarifying that the myth is exactly that before each televised game. There are only a handful per year and it's not that hard to do. NOT to mention it is kind of your job.

The amount of times this has been on the air just in the last year leads me to firmly believe Capper is intentionally putting this myth out there.

Why? It would be easy to correct. What color guy doesn't want to sound smart on the air? Give them the real story, and you will here them say "you know, Don, there is a big myth out there about how UNTbecame the Mean Green..."

But Capper doesn't do it. Why? I don't know. Lazy? Maybe. Mean Joe Green likes this version? Possible. I just annoys me because it is inaccurate

• Upvote 3

They started out in a zone but were doing a poor job accounting for Forte III. So they switched to man and Forte was able to penetrate forcing the D to collapse which led to those ease kick out passes for open 3's. We also did a poor job in picking up our man once he crossed half court. Particularly the bigs lost their guy in transition.

• Upvote 1