the stadium store on press box side

drex

So, toward the end of the game our guests for the game decided to go to the stadium store to shop. I looked up and on two tv's in the store they were playing the Michigan St. game and the TCU game. I lost it and stormed out after telling them in no uncertain terms that I thought it was pitiful that they did not have the North Texas game on their tv's. Anyone else notice this? How can we be taken seriously if the damn stadium store doesn't even care to carry our game?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

So, toward the end of the game our guests for the game decided to go to the stadium store to shop. I looked up and on two tv's in the store they were playing the Michigan St. game and the TCU game. I lost it and stormed out after telling them in no uncertain terms that I thought it was pitiful that they did not have the North Texas game on their tv's. Anyone else notice this? How can we be taken seriously if the damn stadium store doesn't even care to carry our game?

That's usually not the case. I'll bet they hadn't purchased the special Fox Sports package that you had to have to pick up the game. I don't know that those TVs are networked into the feed that shows up on the TVs by the concession stands (which were not working well at all tonight).

• Upvote 1

The same situation was taking place in the Club level. There were several games on the TV sets there but ours was not one of them. We repeatedly asked about getting our game on those sets. The folks that we talked to were very courteous but were unable to get it changed. That was disappointing.

There were cable problems. There were a lot of technical problems tonight at the stadium. Nothing to get worked up about, temporary things.

That's the difference between here and other places.

Other places, things like this would be unacceptable. Here, it's simply nothing to get worked up about.

That's the case with a lot of things here. Not just technical issues in a new stadium. Nothing to get worked up about.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

That's the difference between here and other places.

Other places, things like this would be unacceptable. Here, it's simply nothing to get worked up about.

That's the case with a lot of things here. Not just technical issues in a new stadium. Nothing to get worked up about.

Yep.

How you do not make sure the stadium is functioning prpperly before your biggest home game of the year is pretty amazing, if that is truly the case.

What is much more likely is that we were too cheap to pay for the Sports package to get the game.

We have a budget, don't you know.

Either way it's small time to the inth degree, but that is UNT for you.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

What is the problem with showing other games? When you go to suites at other games they always have on espn or abc showing other sporting events. The store always has on other games. It's ok because your within 30 feet of seeing UNT play.

Are you just intentionally missing the point like some apologist for the athletic department? Every time I leave my seat to go buy something I expect the monitors to show me the game, so that I can buy something and not miss any of the action while I'm standing in line. That's the whole point of having the monitors in the first place.

To say "what's the problem? or "no big deal" is soooooo old NT culture. I've spent too many years going to North Texas games and hearing the same thing from casual fans after we lost a game.....especially the ones we should have won, and I'm officially sick of it.

If I was standing in line to buy something from my University and there is something wrong with the monitor feed, I would expect the monitors to be off...and a sincere apology from the staff for the inconvenience.

• Upvote 3

On the other hand, NOT showing our game on stadium televisions, it would seem, would encourage one to stay in their seat and watch OUR game. It got cold last night and many in the Club chose to stay indoors to talk and drink. While i really enjoy the Club, I wish more was done to make those "indoor' fans realize how important it is to be AT the game rather than just at the game.

Beat UTEP

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 4

The club was full of special guests who drank a lot for two quarters then left. So yay extra ticket sales I guess, but I wouldn't expect any of them to watch the game. Those who did come outside were actively engaged in climbing over rows and hugging/congratulating each other on this harumph or the other, and showing me their best "look what a better door I make than a window" routine.

The club was full of special guests who drank a lot for two quarters then left. So yay extra ticket sales I guess, but I wouldn't expect any of them to watch the game. Those who did come outside were actively engaged in climbing over rows and hugging/congratulating each other on this harumph or the other, and showing me their best "look what a better door I make than a window" routine.

Sounds like you peasants down in the club had it bad...

If you cannot show your own game, why would you promote TCU, Mich.St. etc. by showing them on your home stadium screens? If there were technical issues, just turn the damn things off. There still is very little pride at North Texas shown by paid employees. Just go to the stadium store during the week and you will be greeted by nice people, but they have no Mean Green in their belly.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It is there, $30. I checked on it and tickets for UTSA as I left last night. The helmets are interspersed amongst other similarly sized goodies under the counter.

The black mini is supposed to be there, but the manufacturer has not been able to get it right so they don't have them yet. Should be there soon.