I would put Greer back in next week. Kidding. Seriously what do you do:

1. DW is going to fumble and pass the game away to SMISS

2. Greer is going to be stuck in the mudd

3. Mini Mac is going to bore us to tears

4. And the defense will make SMISS look like a hybrid of Ole Miss and Miss St

Cowbell up.

GMG

• Upvote 1

If Dajon continues to prove that he does not value the football and continues to put the ball at risk, Mac will have no issue making a change. This would be unfortunate. DW just needs to make better decisions and take a big step forward this next week. His body language on the sidelines makes me really question if he has the mental fortitude to fight instead of flee from the pressure.

Unfortunately, we don't appear to have a better option at the moment so it looks like Dajon is going to need to figure it out, and do it quickly.

• Upvote 2

Agree that Dajon ought to start on Saturday. So he has to earn the privilege this week in practice: Mac's opening up the QB competition.

Even if Mac ultimately chooses Dajon, I think it's a smart move. Don't guarantee anyone's jobs until they've shown something that they deserve it. Yesterday's terrible play and decision making means Dajon lost the privelege of expecting to start on Saturday but I don't think it means he should lose his job.

However.

That's what, six turnovers in less than two games now? For an old-school coach like Mac who prides his offense on being able to protect the ball, I can understand why he's mad and frustrated right now.

• Upvote 1

The coaches know a young QB is going to make mistakes. Some bone headed.

In order to learn from those mistakes, you have to let him learn from those mistakes.

I think you HAVE to put Dajon back out there Saturday.

I agree with you, but you would of hoped he would of learned not to throw the ball directly to the other team like the second pick six. Wtf was that? Does anyone have a suggestion as to what he could of seen? I honestly think he thought it was one of ours out of his periphery and began to throw it before noticing that it wasn't.

That 225 yards per game and 1:1 td:interception ratio from last year is not looking bad right about now. Here's to hoping DW has the mental makeup to fight through it and figure things out quickly. He has a very mediocre CUSA slate remaining. Going 3-3 or 4-2 the rest of the way should not be an insurmountable task.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Going 3-3 or 4-2 the rest of the way should not be an insurmountable task.

Either of those records will be a minor miracle. We will be struggling to end this season with a middling record. To me, it's all about seein improvement from this point forward. UAB has proven what we have this season. A team that can't get it together.

Edited by MeanMag

Maybe they will play us in a GMG.com bowl game.

They get a bowl game, we get an easy win.

Win-win if you ask me.

It will never happen, at least not until Kram comes back to the board and sets up the GMG games again.

If Kram did come come back I wonder is we could get Scott Hall to QB one team and Derek Thompson the other. Teams aren't drafted, but rather the players must declare allegiance to one or the other. 90 and TFLF are automatically placed on the DT team and emmit is on Hall's.