What Will Be Built

20 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

This is my first post.   Cool.  So, using some internet magic, UNT owns this land it seems.   So it  seems it is within the universities power to make it not an eyesore (AKA make it an alternative tailgate place or something else cool).land.png.cd5908ef6afe3524bedc6f5c469c4539.png

It was where the proposed convention center that's currently being completed up in Rayzor Ranch was slated to be as a public-private partnership.

• Upvote 3

I like the idea of the food trucks or even the visitors tailgate... As far as the whole basketball arena talk, I know they are going to be renovating the Coliseum in order to modernize it, so if they were to construct a new basketball arena it wouldn't be anytime soon. But I do see a ton of possibilities coming soon for that land... hopefully the Mean Green Village expands a ton in the future! 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, bleedgreen4ever said:

I think a state-of-the-art basketball arena next to apogee would be terrific...fully moving athletics across 35. As long as parking is accounted for and isn't an issue, this would help continue to "complete" the athletic village into something quite special.  

In addition to a basketball arena you would also need a natatorium south of I35 to fully move athletics.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, GrayEagle said:

In addition to a basketball arena you would also need a natatorium south of I35 to fully move athletics.

I had a feeling I was missing something. Guess we should throw in golf as well while we're at it. Nonetheless, I think having the basketball arena there would make the village something special despite not technically having all sports over there.

• Upvote 1

On 6/29/2017 at 9:46 AM, MeanGreen_MBA said:

3. a 20 ft statue of Scrappy - as fans come across the bridge, they can rub Scrappy for Good Luck as they enter the "Mean Green Village"  I get credit for this idea....

Let's just wait until the next Scrappy costume comes out before we drop a ton of $ on a bronze statue of Scrappy.

• Upvote 3