BB Game Scholarship Game VI

KRAM1

1 hour ago, KRAM1 said:

UPDATES:

Current list of players: Thor, Andrew, Rob M., GMG24, smoothfresh, UNTFan23, UNT90, unttau, Vince, Harry, Paul and

curtisdaa, Ben Gooding.

Ok, we can definitely add more players.  In fact, we need more players.  SIGN-UP DEADLINE is FRIDAY, FEB. 5th.  The day before our live player draft at Eastside in Denton that will start at noon.  

I have a free general admission ticket for up to thirty people for the men's basketball game against La Tech that will tip off in the Super-pit at 3pm following our draft at Eastside.  So, come to the draft...support our sponsors and get a ticket to the men's game.  Not a bad deal at all, right?

Some more good news...as I mentioned in the GoFundMe thread...you helped raise right at $5000 that was distributed to the Cheer Team student-athletes this last year!  That is the most we have been able to generate so far in our first five years of this event. YOU made this happen! You folks are fantastic!

So, what do we need?  Players, of course, a referee or two, donations to the GoFundMe site, silent auction donations....any or all.

If you can help in any manner, just post here or send me a PM.  Your support is both greatly appreciated and greatly needed.

I'll probably help drink some beer during the player draft and stop by at the game for silent auction items. No heckling during the game, probably.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Army of Dad said:

I'll probably help drink some beer during the player draft and stop by at the game for silent auction items. No heckling during the game, probably.

Excellent...will love to have you!  Heckling is not only allowed but encouraged. ? I see you at the basketball games...you are pretty good at it!

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Where is emitt, south side guy, and mean green coach....

Well, I am definitely hopeful that all three will return to play again this year.  I have sent all of them recent PM's checking to see if they are available to play again this year.  Keeping fingers crossed.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Hey, check out the GoFundMe site.  We had another very generous donation from a Mean Green Club and Alumni Association member just today!  We are inching ever so close to our goal.  The site reflects in excess of $2500.00 raised to date.  With just a few more folks stepping up to help....even at the $5, $10 or $25 level, we will reach our goal soon.  Check out the site and see where we stand.

Thanks so much for the support to date.  You folks are the best...simply the best!ii

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just added our second referee for the game.....the one, the only, the great MATT WALSH!  Many remember Matt from his student manager days with the men's basketball team and his recent grad experience working in the Athletic Dept.. For those who don't know, Matt now works in the Ticket Office of the Texas Rangers.  Hint to Athletic Dept.....get Matt back here to run the UNT Ticket Office!

If anyone is looking for Ranger tickets this year...please call a great Member of the Mean Green Nation for help.  Matt can be reached at either 817-273-5864 or mwalsh@texasrangers.com.  He will definitely take care of you!

And, Matt is donating two lower bowl tickets to a Ranger Game this year for our silent auction.  Thank you, Matt for being one of our refs, for making a donation to the silent auction and for being a great member of the Mean Green Nation!

Need/want Ranger tickets?  Get with Matt.  Help out a fellow Mean Green grad...he will help you as well.

• Upvote 3

By the way, chances are better than even that we might have a guest referee for the game this year.  A Mean Greener of some note who will be known by more than a few in attendance.  Shhhhhhhhhhhhh....it is a secret!  Keep your fingers crossed that everything works out for our mystery "guest".  And, no, I do not know who it is at this point....I just know the shirt size...XL.

On January 7, 2016 at 11:16 AM, KRAM1 said:

UPDATES:

Current list of players: Thor, Andrew, Rob M., GMG24, smoothfresh, UNTFan23, UNT90, unttau, Vince, Harry, Paul and

curtisdaa, Ben Gooding.

Ok, we can definitely add more players.  In fact, we need more players.  SIGN-UP DEADLINE is FRIDAY, FEB. 5th.  The day before our live player draft at Eastside in Denton that will start at noon.  

I have a free general admission ticket for up to thirty people for the men's basketball game against La Tech that will tip off in the Super-pit at 3pm following our draft at Eastside.  So, come to the draft...support our sponsors and get a ticket to the men's game.  Not a bad deal at all, right?

Some more good news...as I mentioned in the GoFundMe thread...you helped raise right at $5000 that was distributed to the Cheer Team student-athletes this last year!  That is the most we have been able to generate so far in our first five years of this event. YOU made this happen! You folks are fantastic!

So, what do we need?  Players, of course, a referee or two, donations to the GoFundMe site, silent auction donations....any or all.

If you can help in any manner, just post here or send me a PM.  Your support is both greatly appreciated and greatly needed.

Where are these seat so? Floor or gtfo lol

Edited by GMG24

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Harry mind if I take green shirts? 

Send him a PM and let me know...or chat with him at the live player draft about it.  I am fine with whatever you two coaches decide.

19 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Where are these seat so? Floor or gtfo lol

Ha! Ha!  General admission I believe is the upper level.  But...lots of seats available in the lower level as well...just saying. ?

3 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Send him a PM and let me know...or chat with him at the live player draft about it.  I am fine with whatever you two coaches decide.

Ha! Ha!  General admission I believe is the upper level.  But...lots of seats available in the lower level as well...just saying. ?

Lol I'll walk my happy ___ down to the floor and say Mark said I could, if that doesn't work I'll say RV said move aside. 

12 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Lol I'll walk my happy ___ down to the floor and say Mark said I could, if that doesn't work I'll say RV said move aside. 

Me and buddy had tickets on the court last game and somebody was in our seats.... ?

just at sat a little closer to Dave and the tv broadcast.

unt88 is in for this year's game!  Thor will be excited!  Will they get drafted to the same team?  Come to the LIVE draft party at noon on Feb. 6th at Eastside Social Club (it is on Oak Street near the Square).

3 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

unt88 is in for this year's game!  Thor will be excited!  Will they get drafted to the same team?  Come to the LIVE draft party at noon on Feb. 6th at Eastside Social Club (it is on Oak Street near the Square).

If we do, I've got his beer covered for the game...well, if he drinks during the game...

• Upvote 1

So. Here is the deal we are expecting our first baby around the same time in Feb. A little earlier in Feb but supposedly first borns arrive late.

I know I can't be a tentative confirmation so put me down for a yes I will pay the money regardless!! Just know that if my son is late and momma needs me at home I won't be able to showcase my talents LOL.

I understand I could drop in the draft but my stock could also be sky high!!

GMG!!

9 hours ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

So. Here is the deal we are expecting our first baby around the same time in Feb. A little earlier in Feb but supposedly first borns arrive late.

I know I can't be a tentative confirmation so put me down for a yes I will pay the money regardless!! Just know that if my son is late and momma needs me at home I won't be able to showcase my talents LOL.

GMG!!

Fantastic!  Best news is about the expected new member of the Mean Green Nation.  Best wishes go out to you, your wife and family.

Second...super happy to have you back...understand the bit of iffy-ness here, but will put you down in the draft list.

What size t-shirt this year?

12 hours ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

GMG!!

Congrats!

2 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

Fantastic!  Best news is about the expected new member of the Mean Green Nation.  Best wishes go out to you, your wife and family.

Second...super happy to have you back...understand the bit of iffy-ness here, but will put you down in the draft list.

What size t-shirt this year?

Shouldn't he be getting two shirts? One for him and one for the baby? ?

• Upvote 2