Sed Ellis Tweet

Harry

Wonder what that means. I would love to see him get a second chance with the team. The way he has owned up to it and is looking to do the right thing now is impressive in my book.

Lord knows I've done enough stupid things, too.

I'm with you -- hope this means he is back with the team and can put it behind him.

2nd chance? Does this mean he will be visiting Wal-Mart again and getting the same TV or a different brand?

Sed, I wouldn't go to the same one!! :)

Glad to hear he's still on the team, move forward. We've all made mistakes and I sure have made my fair share, not that I ever did something like this. Hopefully he learns from this incident and realizes what he could have lost! I'm confident Coach Mac handled it firmly and it was addressed. You can bet that if it were to happen again...bye bye.

• Upvote 3

Let's be real, they both did something incredibly dumb but not that severe. UNT90 laid it all out. TCU players are "pushing weight" (Twitter taught me that means "selling narcotics") and A&M players were pulled over for assault with warrants out for failure to appear for other violations.

In all honesty, I believe they may have done this to impress some girls. But I really have no clue. Just what I can make of it from Twitter. However, it was dumb. Very dumb especially given their circumstances as D-1 athletes. Too jeopardize that is, well, flat-out DUMB!

However, I never believed they should be kicked off the team. I believed, and hoped, Sed & Chris would learn (as we all have) that when you do dumb things, you have to make amends.

I would have been disappointed if either player was not afforded the opportunity to make this right. Why? Because it would have been tragic to see them throw the opportunities that lie in front of them down the drain for plastic screens. I believe both players will now work that much harder to restore their reputations as well as the UNT FB program reputation. It appears as though they might get that chance and I'll be rooting for them to capitalize on it!

• Upvote 2

Maybe it has nothing to do with the team. Maybe he was not kicked out of school.

I think it's safe to assume he is back on the team based on Vito's blog. If it's a week's long suspension, I'm fine with it. Especially if the message that was intended to be delivered was received. Shoot, I'm actually really excited if it is only a week because that says more to me about Sed and his attitude and approach to this situation than anything else.

Green92 - I'm with you 100% Grateful for 2nd chances!

I think it's safe to assume he is back on the team based on Vito's blog. If it's a week's long suspension, I'm fine with it. Especially if the message that was intended to be delivered was received. Shoot, I'm actually really excited if it is only a week because that says more to me about Sed and his attitude and approach to this situation than anything else.

Green92 - I'm with you 100% Grateful for 2nd chances!

Based on Vito's blog? He doesn't know anything more than what he read from Sed's Twitter post.

• Upvote 2

It takes no effort to throw a kid away or kick him when he makes a dumb decision. It takes a lot of effort to teach kids a lesson that hopefully lasts a lifetime for those that are ready to hear the message.

Pulling for Sed and Chris. Listen to your coaches. Listen to your parents. They are trying to help, but you have to do your part.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Sorry guys, but if Sed Ellis was charged with stealing a TV, pleaded guilty, and is given some form of punishment(time or restitution, then he should be booted off the team. No room on the UNT roster for thieves.

And no room in the fan base for criminal trespassers and evading arrest or detentioners?...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Sorry guys, but if Sed Ellis was charged with stealing a TV, pleaded guilty, and is given some form of punishment(time or restitution, then he should be booted off the team. No room on the UNT roster for thieves.

I am pretty happy where I am in life and consider myself fairly successful. Thank God I got a second chance 15 years ago. Good thing you weren't there to judge and sentence me.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1