Size of the UNT headed to Austin

Cr1028

90, don't they have the most resources period? I think this article is from last year, but anywho here ya go

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-25-schools-that-make-the-most-money-in-college-football-2013-1?op=1

Right, while we sit at, what, #11 or #12 in the state?

This would be an upset of monumental proportions. This isn't 1988. The gap (monetarily, talent, and just about any other way you can think of) has increased by multiples of hundreds if not thousands since then.

That said, I will be there. It's close, it's a major stage for college football (which we rarely get to be on), and I have friends there which will make it a fun environment. Plus, who knows, maybe I get to see a major upset never before accomplished by a UNT team.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yes, Texas has more money than North Texas. Thank you for pointing that out. Dollar figures aren't going to be physically playing football on 8/30. If there's one player on our roster that even has doubt about winning that game in Austin then we have already lost. We will see what happens.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/schools/finances/

This is just finances, but a little closer look.

And Rice, TCU, SMU, and Baylor aren't on this list because they are privates, yet all spend way more than UNT on athletics.

So that puts us at #10 in Texas? While UT is #1, spending $119 million dollars more on athletics per year than UNT.

Let that sink in for a moment. $119 million.

With none of it subsidized, which gives the AD more freedom from politics.

This just points out what a monumental upset winning on 08/30 would be.

Really disheartening that Texas St at San Marcos is spending more than UNT on athletics.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yes, Texas has more money than North Texas. Thank you for pointing that out. Dollar figures aren't going to be physically playing football on 8/30. If there's one player on our roster that even has doubt about winning that game in Austin then we have already lost. We will see what happens.

They don't. I don't. You don't. A lot of others do. Let 'em. I'd rather spend my summer living life the Mean Green way so I can show up on 8/30 the best fan I can be to support them. I'd rather dream and believe all summer. I know one thing, there will be no let down no matter what happens. I'm going to have an amazing trip to Austin and I will get me meet a lot of people for first time such as the Mean Green Maniac. I'm getting a vibe from Twitter there could be a rather large student contingent going, although some can't afford to but would love to. Looking forward to maybe getting an indication of what we request from UT this week...

"...if you keep on believing, a dream that you wish will come true..."

• Upvote 1

They don't. I don't. You don't. A lot of others do. Let 'em. I'd rather spend my summer living life the Mean Green way so I can show up on 8/30 the best fan I can be to support them. I'd rather dream and believe all summer. I know one thing, there will be no let down no matter what happens. I'm going to have an amazing trip to Austin and I will get me meet a lot of people for first time such as the Mean Green Maniac. I'm getting a vibe from Twitter there could be a rather large student contingent going, although some can't afford to but would love to. Looking forward to maybe getting an indication of what we request from UT this week...

"...if you keep on believing, a dream that you wish will come true..."

Rent a van and pack it with students. They might not have money to get in the stadium, but they can tailgate in green.
  • Upvote 1

Bring the NOISE to DKR

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>In greenest day, in blackest night; no Longhorn shall escape my sight. Let those who worship UT&#39;s might beware my power <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MeanGreenMan?src=hash">#MeanGreenMan</a> NOISE</p>&mdash; #MeanGreenMan (@MeanGreenMan23) <a href="https://twitter.com/MeanGreenMan23/statuses/490844356798976000">July 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Upvote 2

Anyone know where those of us who can't go can watch the game in Allen or nearby? Any watch parties?

(I work on Sunday mornings, obviously. I'd be there if it were an 11am game)

PM your current email address to me and I'll get you added back to my distribution list for Collin County UNT events. The address I have for you started kicking back to me a while back.

I have to find a new place to start hosting watching parties. Unfortunately Fairview Down Under closed down. I'd moved away from Rudy's because we were getting too big for the back room and a new manager said they were going to start charging me to guarantee the room.

My top two candidates right now are Allen Wickers and Buffalo Wild Wings, both in Plano. I hosted the Southern Miss game at Allen Wickers last year. Great place but the room doesn't leave much room for growth. The Plano Buffalo Wild Wings interests me because BWW is a UNT restaurant partner and they have both DirecTV and Time Warner Cable. I'm also thinking about Sauced in Allen.

I'll identify a common place for Collin County UNT fans to watch the Texas game and work with the management at the establishment. I won't be able to host it because I'll be at the game in Austin.

More to come.

• Upvote 3