UT-Austin president asked to resign or be fired

The latest salvo in a long-standing fight over leadership at the University of Texas at Austin could lead to the ouster of the flagship campus' popular president within the next week.

UT System Chancellor Francisco Cigarroa asked President Bill Powers this week to resign by the end of Friday or face firing at Thursday's board meeting, sources with knowledge of the situation said.

Read more: http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/education/article/UT-Austin-president-asked-to-resign-or-be-fired-5600796.php

Ugh, I hate what Rock Perry's cronies have been repeatedly trying to do to Bill Powers.

It's not mismanagement, he's been an excellent President.

It's that he's not on board with Perry's plan for a $10k Bachelor's mostly done online over two years. He's trying to force large scale institutions to adopt this shit form of an education and Powers isn't having any of it.

EDIT: Apparently this has more to do with the Admissions practices at UT and their Board of Regents have been pulling a full-on withc hunt on Powers over it. It's gotten so out of hand, that you may recall the State Legislature forming a committee to find legal ground to impeach one of their Regents over his personal vendetta investigations.

What a crock of a Board.

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 4

When Perry is out of office, is there going to be a mass purge of his buddies out of positions of power at major Universities? In other words... will Lee Jackson finally get the boot?

I wish I could find a job that pays me as much to do nothing as Dallas Lee has found at UNT.

Screwed up the law school, screwed up the athletic fee, and yet he keeps his job of constantly doing nothing to promote UNT-Denton while doing everything to promote and funnel money inside on Dallas County.

Another crappy leader in a long line of crappy leaders at UNT.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I wish I could find a job that pays me as much to do nothing as Dallas Lee has found at UNT.

Screwed up the law school, screwed up the athletic fee, and yet he keeps his job of constantly doing nothing to promote UNT-Denton while doing everything to promote and funnel money inside on Dallas County.

Another crappy leader in a long line of crappy leaders at UNT.

Agree

• Upvote 1

You gotta ask yourself - if a man barely has respect for science, how much respect will he have for education and research? Will he have the ability to understand that research done at universities has a greater impact than immediate $$?

• Upvote 6