Texas A&M transfer J-Mychal Reese signs with North Texas

If we're going to redshirt Reese who is going to play point?!?

I'll hang up and listen.

Eaglin. The guy we assumed would play point for a few months now. Also the same game guy Benford has been grooming for a few months since he knew CJ was leaving. We also have Deandre Harris and TJ Taylor though both are more of a 2. Either way Eaglin will be our starting point guard to start next season.

• Upvote 2

White Pittman is not a true point but could help share the load while we are waiting for J'Mychal gets eligible.

Muhammed Ahmed the 6-8 All American juco will join in July. Colin Voss is back at 6-7 and he had a solid year last year I thought. They are hoping Flannigan can have a better year. He has some athletic ability but just struggled last year. Jeremy Combs and Greg Wesley could

One player I want to mention again is DeAundre Harris. Benford mentioned at the Dallas caravan that he is a VERY good player who was being recruited by Big 12 caliber programs before he had his health issues. I think many forget about him joining the team but he could make an impact as well.

I am with Cooley though, J'Mychal is a big big pickup for Benford. I also wish we had another athletic big to add to this group.

http://www.aggiesports.com/mens_basketball/reese-to-transfer-to-north-texas/article_7d35b24a-dc04-5a6b-9771-63f72c034485.html?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co

Former Texas A&M point guard J'Mychal Reese has decided to transfer to North Texas and will start school July 7.

John Reese, who was an assistant coach at A&M for three seasons and left right after his son was dismissed, said North Texas will file two waivers for J'Mychal, asking to get back his sophomore season and to be able to play immediately this fall instead of sitting out a season.

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 1

http://www.aggiesports.com/mens_basketball/reese-to-transfer-to-north-texas/article_7d35b24a-dc04-5a6b-9771-63f72c034485.html?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co

Former Texas A&M point guard J'Mychal Reese has decided to transfer to North Texas and will start school July 7.

John Reese, who was an assistant coach at A&M for three seasons and left right after his son was dismissed, said North Texas will file two waivers for J'Mychal, asking to get back his sophomore season and to be able to play immediately this fall instead of sitting out a season.

So we are trying to get three full seasons out of him? That would be fantastic! I would settle for having two full years with him starting in the fall. Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 2

:lolu: ... Good luck with this.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Going to OSU huh?

No - just saying that another player that was playing for LSU last season was able to receive a waiver to be eligible to play at OSU. So it's possible that they could get a similar waiver for the Fall, and most certainly the spring semester.

No - just saying that another player that was playing for LSU last season was able to receive a waiver to be eligible to play at OSU. So it's possible that they could get a similar waiver for the Fall, and most certainly the spring semester.

I am really hoping for the fall! He might need. Little time to shake off the rust and I want him 100% come conference time.

• Upvote 1

Here are a couple more similar cases.

Brandan Kearney. Played at Michigan State as a freshman (2011-2012) and played his first semester of his sophomore year (fall 2012) at Michigan State, then decided to transfer to Arizona State. Sat out spring 2013 at Arizona State then became eligible in spring 2014 when he then played the second half of that season as a junior. Despite sitting out those 2 semesters he didn't get to count that as a redshirt. Essentially burned the second half of his sophomore year and first half of his junior year through this transfer process.

http://archive.azcentral.com/sports/asu/articles/20131220transfer-brandan-kearney-make-arizona-state-debut-today.html

Jeronne Maymon. Played the first 10 games of his freshman year (fall 2009) at Marquette and then realized he didn't want to play for Buzz Williams anymore. Then sat out spring 2010 at Tennessee and fall 2010. Began playing in spring 2011 as a true sophomore. Again, didn't get to claim that year sitting out as a redshirt. Played the 2011-2012 season as a junior, then sat out 2012-2013 due to injury. He still had his redshirt eligibility, which he used on the injury.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/309830-jeronne-maymon-just-never-got-it-at-marquette

http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/jeronne_maymon_639445.html

The major difference is Reese is transferring because he was dismissed. But I can't see that being a reason for the NCAA to allow him to resume play in the fall, certainly not as a redshirt sophomore.

Impossible to know.

Not impossible. Bedford will make this kid a "facilitator" instead of a scoring PG so I'm sure it will end the same way last year did. Disappointing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1