FIRE BENFORD

cdizzle86

Benford doesn't shoot 16/66, but he teaches technique and footwork and our bigs have neither. If Coleman had a coach to coach him up he'd be able to handle his own. There is not an identity on offense. And my money is on why we shoot 16/66. I've seen better team organized basketball during intramural. If a fan of another school asked you what kind of scheme does North Texas run what would or could you say? If people don't think this is coaching they are sorely mistaken.

• Upvote 2

Benford doesn't shoot 16/66, but he teaches technique and footwork and our bigs have neither. If Coleman had a coach to coach him up he'd be able to handle his own. There is not an identity on offense. And my money is on why we shoot 16/66. I've seen better team organized basketball during intramural. If a fan of another school asked you what kind of scheme does North Texas run what would or could you say? If people don't think this is coaching they are sorely mistaken.

I do apologize for saying this ad nauseum, but what scares me is Benford replacing Jordan Williams, and Alzee Williams for that matter. Just 16-66 from the field and struggling to get above 50 points on a day where Jordan Williams struggles. What happens when we don't have Jordan Williams isn't on the team anymore?

We NEED Carrington Ward to be a big-time scorer for us next year, and especially the year after. Incoming guys like Greg Wesley and Jeremy Combs are good-looking players, but they aren't guys who you lean on offensively and rely on to carry your offense.

Gonna have to agree with Ben on this one. The team is poorly coached. You're going to have to give it up Andrew. We're going to have to suffer through one more year, but he's burned his bridge here.

I'm not saying he has faults. I just think it's ridiculous people just jump on the man. Instead of saying we did this right, but let's improve on this they just bash the man none stop. It gets old. Then they want to praise JJ who was also bashed left and right. It makes for a very weak fan base. Especially when you consider people come on and read what is posted.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I do apologize for saying this ad nauseum, but what scares me is Benford replacing Jordan Williams, and Alzee Williams for that matter. Just 16-66 from the field and struggling to get above 50 points on a day where Jordan Williams struggles. What happens when we don't have Jordan Williams isn't on the team anymore?

We NEED Carrington Ward to be a big-time scorer for us next year, and especially the year after. Incoming guys like Greg Wesley and Jeremy Combs are good-looking players, but they aren't guys who you lean on offensively and rely on to carry your offense.

I'm hoping Ward is like a Walton or Vaughn's type guy who ca knock down the three and give you 14 on a solid night. Mo can score but he is inconsistent. I do like that he is willing to at least shoot the ball. There are times when I have no idea why others are not putting the ball up. Unless Jordan is double team or 8 feet behind the three point line he needs to be shooting. He is 6'6" and has length to see over the defender. If someone plays off of me a foot or more I am going to shoot the ball all day. These guys need to take more shots. Not sure if Benford is saying no or they are just passing up the opportunity, but either way they need to put the ball in the air.

I'm hoping Ward is like a Walton or Vaughn's type guy who ca knock down the three and give you 14 on a solid night. Mo can score but he is inconsistent. I do like that he is willing to at least shoot the ball. There are times when I have no idea why others are not putting the ball up. Unless Jordan is double team or 8 feet behind the three point line he needs to be shooting. He is 6'6" and has length to see over the defender. If someone plays off of me a foot or more I am going to shoot the ball all day. These guys need to take more shots. Not sure if Benford is saying no or they are just passing up the opportunity, but either way they need to put the ball in the air.

That's what I'm hoping from him as well. And, realistically, that's what we should hope from him. But we need him to be more. We need a primary option on offense, or we could be the worst team in CUSA in two years. That would be a terrible pit to have to dig ourselves out of.

Guys like Mo are nice to have, but they aren't guys who are going to create their own offense and carry the team. More spot-up shooter types. If you're relying on those guys to shoulder the scoring load, combined with possibly relying on a freshman point guard to create for you and 6'6" posts, you have a recipe for a cellar dweller.

Next year's recruiting class is beyond huge. Benford can't be signing guys who don't make it to campus, or late JUCO signees who slip through the cracks. He needs impact players, not just role players.

Ward will be a Junior so he is not going to be a long term solution. Hopefully we can find a guy like Jordan next season. A inside and out kind of player with good size.

Of course he won't be a long-term solution. But we need him to somehow be a go-to option his senior year. Basically, asking for Ward to be a semi miracle of a signee. If he isn't, then we will need a freshman or new guy to be our go-to guy.

Again, I've talked about this way too much today. We need Benford to do something in recruiting that he has not been close to doing so far here. And with a lot of pitches no longer existing to pitch to kids, with our string of successful seasons, the novelty of changing conference, and Tony Mitchell all gone.

16-66 is not all on Benford. You act like he teaches them to shot bad. You really think that Benford coaches bad technique when it comes to shooting the ball?

True that. Of course no one will bother asking a former NCAA player. They just want to act like they know. Because they are fans.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2