DCTF's All- Texas High School Team

DT 90

This list lost credibility with me when they listed Desmon White 2nd team utility. He may have been sent in to field a handful of punt returns but played exclusively at QB. I also don't understand how anyone (QB) had a better year. I understand that state champs (in all sports) will generally get the top recognition.

This list lost credibility with me when they listed Desmon White 2nd team utility. He may have been sent in to field a handful of punt returns but played exclusively at QB. I also don't understand how anyone (QB) had a better year. I understand that state champs (in all sports) will generally get the top recognition.

His listing at utility was not based on what position he played, but rather that they just couldn't leave him off the list. They can justify him as a utility player based on the fact that he utilized different skill sets to help them win (running and passing, obviously).

Murray had better stats than White both rushing and passing and Mahomes had better passing stats than both. Actually can say I saw all three of them play on this one! It's close, all are great high school players, but I agree with DCTF. Also agree that you can't leave White off the list which is why putting him at utility makes sense and is what I would do. Saying you think White should be first or second team qb is a completely legitimate argument though. No shame in getting edged out by those two guys though.

Aside from the somebodies already mentioned, I also noticed a kicker named Cole Hedlund. Any relation to our soccer coach?

yes

The Plano native holds a bachelor's degree in criminal justice from Midwestern State and resides in Argyle with his wife, Julie, and sons Chad, whoplays football for Wake Forest, and Cole, who set the national high school football record in field goals made for Argyle High School in 2011.

Edited by greenminer

White would not be the QB if he and the other two QBs were on the same team. Don't get me wrong, the kid is an awesome football player and I would get him as many touches as possible. It just wouldn't be at QB.