Middle Tennessee State (1/25/14)

CMJ

I have a 2 option idea for administration...1. Fire Benford ASAP. 2. If administration refuses to hire a proven coach bc they are cheap then board up the Super Pit and put the basketball money towards the up and coming baseball program. I also have a question, why does Benford substitute so much? Even the in-game hot hand? Fresh legs are great and all, but not the hot hand. I see it happen almost every game. A guy will pop back to back 3's then 20 seconds later he's riding pine for 5 minutes. Blows my mind.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I also have a question, why does Benford substitute so much? Even the in-game hot hand? Fresh legs are great and all, but not the hot hand. I see it happen almost every game. A guy will pop back to back 3's then 20 seconds later he's riding pine for 5 minutes. Blows my mind.

That's what many have wanted to know since he started here.

I have a 2 option idea for administration...1. Fire Benford ASAP. 2. If administration refuses to hire a proven coach bc they are cheap then board up the Super Pit and put the basketball money towards the up and coming baseball program. I also have a question, why does Benford substitute so much? Even the in-game hot hand? Fresh legs are great and all, but not the hot hand. I see it happen almost every game. A guy will pop back to back 3's then 20 seconds later he's riding pine for 5 minutes. Blows my mind.

Please explain what Benford did to lose this game? Examine who he pulled today who had the hot hand? I am having a hard time believing you even went to the game. Benford did everything a coach could in this game. Defense just didn't hold it up and we lost. It's fine. Players tried and the coaching staff did as well. I think players might have just been a bit tired but idk. We payed a tough game. Should have won but it was a great game.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

Please explain what Benford did to lose this game? Examine who he pulled today who had the hot hand? I am having a hard time believing you even went to the game. Benford did everything a coach could in this game. Defense just didn't hold it up and we lost. It's fine. Players tried and the coaching staff did as well. I think players might have just been a bit tired but idk. We payed a tough game. Should have won but it was a great game.

What exactly do you think a coach does?

This game hurts. This is just a death flop. Excellent crowd, close game, lots of kids and we fall in ridiculous fashion. Yet again.

• Upvote 1

Lol this is mind blowing that all of these "fans" are still blaming Benford. My buddy and someone who's named shall not be used said look out Benford will get heat for no reason. Point proven. This is a very sad fan base. Game was disappointing but the comments on here are even more so,

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 10

What exactly do you think a coach does?

This game hurts. This is just a death flop. Excellent crowd, close game, lots of kids and we fall in ridiculous fashion. Yet again.

Where did Benford miss a shot, turn over the ball! miss a rebound? Where... He did exactly what any other coach would have done. The game just did not come together. Defense fell apart there at the end of the first half. We also kept taking the same shots near the end of the second half. That guy knew where we were taking the ball and stepped up and blocked the shot. It's fine. The team will get better. Players and coach did everything they could. Middle is not very good though... Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

Lol this is mind blowing that all of these "fans" are still blaming Benford. My buddy and someone who's named shall not be used said look out Benford will get heat for no reason. Point proven. This is a very sad fan base. Game was disappointing but the comments on here are even more so,

You are the most sad of a sad fanbase, then. You have an incredibly limited knowledge of basketball and that's saying something that I'm calling you out.

Players and coach did everything they could?

Are you insane? We would be celebrating a W if that were true.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 4

You are the most sad of a sad fanbase, then. You have an incredibly limited knowledge of basketball and that's saying something that I'm calling you out.

Players and coach did everything they could?

Are you insane? We would be celebrating a W if that were true.

Please tell me how I know nothing about basketball... Go on...

(Obviously not everything considering we could have won... However they left it out there and it did not work on. I'm not going to try to critique any one play, player or coach. Instead I will just say we let the game get away from us and that is unfortunate. It is pathetic to keep blaming the coach every other post.)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1