New UNT Uniforms

Eagle915

I think that this uniform is fantastic but it's as much black as I want to see. Black is our secondary, or tertiary color; not the primary color. Worse than that it's a grim reminder of Dickey's parting shot.We are the Mean GREEN! Let's create mojo with that color.

It's ok to come out and play children. The Dickey Monster can't hurt you anymore.

agreed this can all be comical at times....and that's a funny "bit" on the Ticket.

to all the "macho men" with the "who gives a crap about logos comments" & those who post "silly videos" should care...

because bottom line...big picture....it's about more money & respect for our university.

You want North Texas "athletics" to be bigger? We'll need to brand and market ourselves bigger.

To me...this is less of a "bit" and more about economics 101.

That's all good and fine, and if you want to talk about the economic benefits of different uniforms, that could be very manly.

But for cripes sake, let y'all's wives and girlfriends talk about accent colors and the like.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

3XL's uniforms are hands down the best UNT football uniform ideas I've seen. Clean, sharp look. I'd love the team to adopt these. I don't really care about the logo police at UNT. If the AD decides to do something within reason, it will probably happen. Not they are trying to or anything. But the AD is the man at the athletic department.

I am interested to see what they do for baseball when it comes too because it will have an impact on branding for every sport. The interlocking NT on a cap would be awesome. I'd love them to bring back the one from the 1930s.

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 1

Well here's my question. Who is the head of the URCM and who directs this person/committee to make "additions" to the official word mark?

FFR and I used to have to deal with some knucklehead with the University who kept telling us, and the athletic department, that we couldn't produce the battle flag because it was ILLEGAL to reproduce the Texas flag in any other color scheme but red, white, and blue. Rick finally (through lots of diligence and phone time) got an official opinion from one of the University attorneys that it WAS NOT illegal to do so. He presented this, in writing, to another knuckleheaded University bureaucrat when we were having a meeting with athletic department officials and the KH (once again) tried to say that the flag in question was "illegal".

You can win the fight, it just takes a lot of......persistence.

I choose to go the "come and take it" route. I have had some battle flags made with the NT-star in the place of the single star. To me this makes it more of a NT flag than just the color scheme. If any (aforementioned) knuckleheaded official tries to prevent me from flying it at a tailgating event, I will turn it into a public event...that hopefully will get some media coverage.

Deborah Leliaert.

Well here's my question. Who is the head of the URCM and who directs this person/committee to make "additions" to the official word mark?

FFR and I used to have to deal with some knucklehead with the University who kept telling us, and the athletic department, that we couldn't produce the battle flag because it was ILLEGAL to reproduce the Texas flag in any other color scheme but red, white, and blue. Rick finally (through lots of diligence and phone time) got an official opinion from one of the University attorneys that it WAS NOT illegal to do so. He presented this, in writing, to another knuckleheaded University bureaucrat when we were having a meeting with athletic department officials and the KH (once again) tried to say that the flag in question was "illegal".

You can win the fight, it just takes a lot of......persistence.

I choose to go the "come and take it" route. I have had some battle flags made with the NT-star in the place of the single star. To me this makes it more of a NT flag than just the color scheme. If any (aforementioned) knuckleheaded official tries to prevent me from flying it at a tailgating event, I will turn it into a public event...that hopefully will get some media coverage.

Hmmm? Knuckleheads and bureaucrats? Synonyms?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

Looks better than the ugly green on green with the plain North Texas on the helmet. I'm about tradition as the next person, but that kelley green is downright ugly. It's like matte green on a jersey and pants, not very becoming. The design on this forum pops off the page and kids coming out of high school like that. The North Texas on the helmets need to be done away with. The SOW or interlocked NT needs to be the primary helmet.