Tee Goree: "Mean Green all the way."

Harry

Well I'm a student. So it is what it is. I'll tweet whoever whenever at this point.

"Only institutional staff members are permitted to recruit prospective student-athletes. Generally, NCAA rules prohibit anyone else from contacting (calling, writing or in-person contact) prospects or the prospects relatives or guardian for recruiting purposes."

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/NCAA/Enforcement/Resources+OLD/Role+of+boosters+in+intercollegiate+athletics

You won't make any friends by creating a situation where Goree can't come here. Don't squirrel with this. Students aren't exempt.

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 2

For those of you who watched the Carthage title game: Did their QB, who commited to UTSA, remind you of a former UNT QB?

Dodge the Younger?

He is small and quick, but lacks a strong arm. He's good at the high school level, but can he take the pounding at the college level?

He will give us trouble in the future, that much I'm sure of.

For those of you who watched the Carthage title game: Did their QB, who commited to UTSA, remind you of a former UNT QB?

Dodge the Younger?

He is small and quick, but lacks a strong arm. He's good at the high school level, but can he take the pounding at the college level?

No. Not in the least. Rodge was a much much better HS QB.

I don't worry about this kid down the road as a QB at UTSA

• Upvote 1

Dodge the Younger?

Yup. We whiffed on him but we have a good shot at someone better next year who may also be available.. Luke Bishop of Aledo. He's Riley only bigger(more stout) with a stronger arm. He'll be 19 years old for his Senior year, so he will have an extra year under his belt coming out of high school. I hope we go after him.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1

Dodge the Younger?

Not at all. Somebody was saying how accurate he was - didn't see that either.

Edited by GreenFlag

Yes, early in the recruiting process he was mentioned but I believe that his height was the turnoff. At least after then only 6-4 and 6-5 candidates were publicized (Caleb Chumley, Jeremy Jones, Connor Means and finally, Josh Greer).

It's because of Mac's offense. Shorter qbs are much more likely to be effective in spread offenses than pro style offenses. Throwing from under center is a lot more of a challenge of looking over the o-lineman and getting the ball swatted down from d-lineman. Although that is what he thrived in at Carthage.

Not saying I agree with this, just stating the likely philosophy of why we won't see shorter qbs recruited under Coach Mac.

Wouldn't bank on the kid playing QB at UTSA. Skills are not even in the universe with Riley Dodge when he was coming out of Carroll, not close to Desmon White either.

I liked what I saw. Not the same skill set as Riley, but still a heady player that threw a solid ball.

It didn't hurt that he's got some great tools to work with in that Carthage O. lol but the same can be said about those Southlake teams.

Wow! I asked if Bogenschutz reminded anybody of Riley Dodge. I didn't say he was as good as, or was a qb we should have gone after, or that he will make it at the next level. I just pointed out that they were not very big (listed as 6' 0" & 185), that they were quick (4.6), and both lacked a strong arm. I also questioned if he could stand up to the pounding at the college level. We know how injured Riley was.

He just reminded me of a 3A version of Riley Dodge. Period.

Some people read in all sorts of things that were never written.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1