How the Michigan State/Ohio State Game Impacts Us

bdan2002

I never thought in my lifetime (maybe wishful thinking) that the outcome of the Big 10 Championship game would impact us - if we go to the HOD Bowl. If the Big 10 has 2 BCS Teams (Ohio State the BCS Championship and Michigan State in the Rose Bowl), the conference would not be able to meet its bowl requirements, meaning the bowl would then have to offer to an at-large team from another conference. If they have just one team, then Michigan is the most likely opponent.

Who are you routing for???

They are gonna have two in the BCS games no matter what. If OSU wins, they go to the national championship game and MSU goes to the Rose Bowl. If MSU wins, they go to the Rose Bowl and Ohio State goes to the Orange or Sugar...

What if Northern Illinois creeps into the top 12 in the rankings? Does that throw a wrench in the scenario above?

What if Northern Illinois creeps into the top 12 in the rankings? Does that throw a wrench in the scenario above?

That would be hard to envision, but possibly if Ohio State wins, another team could knock Michigan State out of the Rose Bowl.

As far as who we root for, I don't know that we need to. Odds are that we'll get a quality opponent however it shakes out.

I too want OSY to lose but only so that Auburn (member of the nation's strongest conference) can play in the title game. Also, don't feel like watching another Big 10 team get blown out.

Who do you want to win the BCS title? I, for one, would like to see FSU win it just because I tire of the SEC run.

I never thought in my lifetime (maybe wishful thinking) that the outcome of the Big 10 Championship game would impact us - if we go to the HOD Bowl. If the Big 10 has 2 BCS Teams (Ohio State the BCS Championship and Michigan State in the Rose Bowl), the conference would not be able to meet its bowl requirements, meaning the bowl would then have to offer to an at-large team from another conference. If they have just one team, then Michigan is the most likely opponent.

Who are you routing for???

If Ohio St beats Mich. St. i Don't think the Rose Bowl is required to take another Big 10 team

and a loss by Michigan St. would probably knock them down to #13 or #14 in the BCS rankings

don't forget... provided that NIU wins their championship game, they are guaranteed a spot in teh BCS somewhere

If Ohio St beats Mich. St. i Don't think the Rose Bowl is required to take another Big 10 team

and a loss by Michigan St. would probably knock them down to #13 or #14 in the BCS rankings

don't forget... provided that NIU wins their championship game, they are guaranteed a spot in teh BCS somewhere

I don't think so. I think NIU can get into a BCS game ONLY IF they wind up in the top 12 of the BCS standings.

The Rose Bowl wants a Big 10 team every time, no questions asked. The question is, Will they be forced by the BCS to take an at-large, non Big 10 team?

here it is

• The highest-ranked champion of a non-AQ conference will receive an automatic berth if:
    • It is ranked in the top 12, or
    • Ranked in the top 16 and higher than at least one AQ conference champion.

so... how far down is the AAC champ?

UCF is 18 I think.