Our OOC Opponents

GangGreen

All Preseason Picks, but interesting anyway.

Upcoming Games:

Nicholls St. - Picked to finish 8th out of 12 in the Southland

Columbia - Picked 8th of 8 in Ivy League

Idaho - Picked 4th of 9 in WAC coaches poll (2nd in Media Poll)

Portland - Picked 9 of 10 in WCC

Incarnate Word - Not eligible for Southland Title 1st year Div 1

SE Louisiana - Picked 6 of 12 in the Southland

BYU - Picked 2nd out of 10 in WCC

SF Austin - Picked 4 of 12 in the Southland

C. Arkansas - Picked 10 of 12 in the Southland

Wayland Baptist - NAIA

Texas A&M - picked 9th of 14 in SEC

UC Riverside - Picked 9 of 9 in Big West

We have 12 OOC games left. This schedule at first glance is pretty favorable to us having a winning record going into the conference slate.

Out of these games, I would only call 2 of them (BYU and A&M) a for sure loss. With that being said, you expect a couple of slip-ups along the way. So, I believe that unless the wheels truly have fallen off the bus, we should win 8 of the next 12 OCC games to bring our record to 9-5 to begin conference play.

I promise not to proclaim the sky is falling in the OOC as long as we can reach this goal. This is an easy schedule. I think 9-5 is actually a lot of lee-way, but just trying to be optimistic.

What do y'all think?

All Preseason Picks, but interesting anyway.

Upcoming Games:

Nicholls St. - Picked to finish 8th out of 12 in the Southland

Columbia - Picked 8th of 8 in Ivy League

Idaho - Picked 4th of 9 in WAC coaches poll (2nd in Media Poll)

Portland - Picked 9 of 10 in WCC

Incarnate Word - Not eligible for Southland Title 1st year Div 1

SE Louisiana - Picked 6 of 12 in the Southland

BYU - Picked 2nd out of 10 in WCC

SF Austin - Picked 4 of 12 in the Southland

C. Arkansas - Picked 10 of 12 in the Southland

Wayland Baptist - NAIA

Texas A&M - picked 9th of 14 in SEC

UC Riverside - Picked 9 of 9 in Big West

We have 12 OOC games left. This schedule at first glance is pretty favorable to us having a winning record going into the conference slate.

Out of these games, I would only call 2 of them (BYU and A&M) a for sure loss. With that being said, you expect a couple of slip-ups along the way. So, I believe that unless the wheels truly have fallen off the bus, we should win 8 of the next 12 OCC games to bring our record to 9-5 to begin conference play.

I promise not to proclaim the sky is falling in the OOC as long as we can reach this goal. This is an easy schedule. I think 9-5 is actually a lot of lee-way, but just trying to be optimistic.

What do y'all think?

I see 4 wins.

Columbia, Portland, Incarnate Word, Wayland Baptist.

• Upvote 1

I thought we were playing Abilene Christian, guess not. Anyway, they are up on Maryland 44-38 in the 2nd half... Wow

I think maybe the ladies play Abilene Christian. Could be wrong, but think they do...need to check the schedule.

Or we can just ignore that Oklahoma beat up on Idaho who is suppose to be pretty good. Our loss looks better but we still should have won!

I don't think many on here are very keen of score comparing or moral victories. Not to say we didn't show good signs at OU, but moral victories don't mean squat if we keep losing. Close losses are still losses and they all add up the same.

That being said, hopefully we can build off that performance, especially offensively and get it to translate in wins. You know, real wins, not just covering the spread.

• Upvote 1

We win them all outside of BYU and A&M, and we have the talent to play with A&M and that could go either way. If it doesn't play out this way, then Benford should have to answer live questions from the fans at a coach's show. No excuses.

This type of schedule could really backfire. As you said, there really is no excuse.