What needs to happen

JesseMartin

In order of importance:

1) Beat UTEP

2) Beat UTSA

3) Beat Tulsa

4) Tulane loses at least 1 more

5) ECU gets upset at least once before Marshall; if only once, then Marshall beats ECU

5a) Marshall gets upset at least once before ECU; if only once, then either ECU must be upset at least once and lose to Marshall, or upset twice and beat Marshall

This would give us home field advantage for a title game! No counting chickens before they're hatched, but this is the road to pack Apogee and have home-field advantage. I suspect that if we are tied with the East leader that they will still have a higher BCS ranking for us (that's the tiebreaker for the title game home field, right?).

• Upvote 4

Does conference USA have a game where East vs West play for CUSA championship? I believe some other conferences have games like this. Kinda would like to have a game like this, would bring in extra monies for the conference as well.

What? Of course it does.

The syllabus clearly stated that would be on the test!

• Upvote 7

BCS, before this week:

47 Rice

51 ECU

60 UNT

70 MUTS

80 Marshall

Where do you find the overall BCS rankings? Everywhere I looked, even when I clicked on "complete standings" or "complete rankings" all I got was expanded information on the Top 25.

Thanks...can't wait to see what they look like tomorrow. If we win out then one more loss by ECU might be enough to cement it but if not my original scenario is still what we would need. We all hoped this team would be good enough to go after the division, but I don't think any expected the East to be about even with the West with the possibility of us hosting the title game.

Although unlikely, it is possible both ECU and NT win out and we still pass them...a lot can happen in these computer rankings.

That's what we would hope/expect after the Rice win. But if we win 3 by only 1 point each, and they win 3 by 30 each, who knows...all I care about for now is that we keep winning. The rest is what needs to fall into place for the added benefit of hosting, but winwinwinwinwinwinwin is the most important thing right now.

I think if ECU gets upset at least once, we'd then want ECU to beat Marshall.

Then if we win out and Tulane loses to Rice, we're division champs we're guaranteed to host.

Woot, you're right because ECU already has one loss to Tulane. As long as Tulane loses again and both ECU and Marshall have at least 2 losses in the conference, winning out will give us the hosting opportunity. I think I may have been thinking of their overall record and not conference record when I wrote that.

Edited by JesseMartin

In order of importance:

1) Beat UTEP

2) Beat UTSA

3) Beat Tulsa

4) Tulane loses at least 1 more

5) ECU gets upset at least once before Marshall; if only once, then Marshall beats ECU

5a) Marshall gets upset at least once before ECU; if only once, then either ECU must be upset at least once and lose to Marshall, or upset twice and beat Marshall

This would give us home field advantage for a title game! No counting chickens before they're hatched, but this is the road to pack Apogee and have home-field advantage. I suspect that if we are tied with the East leader that they will still have a higher BCS ranking for us (that's the tiebreaker for the title game home field, right?).

Marshall should win out, host ECU last game of season. ECU should also win remaining conference games with game against The Herd for division title.

Guys, If ECU loses either to Marshal or NCST we should host the title game. We are too close to not pass them up if they lose a game from here on out.

Worry about us winning out and Tulan losing at this point. The rest will fall in line..

Bigger fear is that just one vote for either poll for ECU will slant the entire process.. Be afraid that they will try and call in some favors.