MGB: UNT-OKC running blog

Brett Vito

The good news is that football season runs through January this year.

No doubt.

Still can't shoot. And we gave up 70 to a NAIA, so it looks like we still can't play defense, either.

It'll be interesting to see the rebounding numbers.

This basketball season could get very ugly very quickly.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

All I have to say is 48 fouls.... 48 fouls!!!'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This game is going to be very boring to watch if this is consistent.... Very slow because a foul was called about every minute...

New rules Andrew. Changed the way the game is coached and played. Going to take a little time for the players and the refs to get used to it.

Should play in UNT's favor, but got to adjust to the new rules.

Tonight it just slowed us down and hurt us. It was awful to watch. We're you there Kram? I missed ya, but will be there next game as well. I must say Colman impressed me more then anyone else. He had 11 points (I believe) and maybe 8 or 9 rebounds. He hustled big time. CJ and Alzee were flat until the end of the game.

Also we have our roger Franklin and it is Maurice A.! Has the look and plays somewhat similar but has a good outside game.

55 fouls... I was off. 55 fouls makes for a boring game. Also the big board had us with 54 rebounds so 47 seems a bit low. I also think our FT percentage was lower. Like around 40% according the big board. Which either way is awful! Poor shooting night :/

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1

No doubt.

Still can't shoot. And we gave up 70 to a NAIA, so it looks like we still can't play defense, either.

It'll be interesting to see the rebounding numbers.

This basketball season could get very ugly very quickly.

It was pretty ugly. We can't shoot 3's for certain. Free Throws started out bad....not sure how they ended up.

• Upvote 1

It was pretty ugly. We can't shoot 3's for certain. Free Throws started out bad....not sure how they ended up.

Well that's the thing, they should be able to shoot three's. I'm guessing tonight was more of an anomaly.

We saw what J-Will did last year. Brandon Walton's back. Vertail Vaughns is a sharp shooter (he didn't take any attempts tonight) and T.J. Taylor is also supposed to be very good. That should be much better than last year's complete lack of shooters to spread the floor.

• Upvote 1