THE STAND

Green Otaku

Imagine the t-shirt sales for a shirt that reads, "I was at THE STAND"

22K in attendance last night. Eventually 50K will say they were they.

THE STAND = Epic

Being in the red zone maybe we should officially call it

"The Red Stand" ?

or is just "THE Stand" good enough?

THE STAND, as in the epic Stephen King novel. Who's the GIMP expert? I'd love for him/her to take a photo of our defense, and superimpose it over (or under) a green version of this (eliminating Stephen King, of course - sorry, Stephen).

the-stand-stephen-king-slice.jpg

• Upvote 1

Georgia has the Hedges.

LSU has Death Valley.

MEAN GREEN now has THE STAND.

How appropriate that the student section of Apogee to be referred to THE STAND now based upon those 8 plays. Would love to see a banner / sign now in the student section identifying it as THE STAND.

This could be the jump start to get the 36k + students more involved with filling the student section all the way to the wing.

Edited by trussbussdad
  • Upvote 3

Watched "The Stand" again last night and came away with a few thoughts.

1. The first play was the option left where Trice planted Dillard. I really think this set the tone for "The Stand."

2. Second play, Wright had a picture perfect tackle knocking Dillard's helmet off.

3. Option right led to a big loss with Orr getting credit for the tackle.

4. Phantom call on Whitfield.

5. Think a stuffed run up the middle.

6. Incomplete pass to right side of endzone.

7. Jones beating his block and upending Dillard on a sweep right.

8. McHargue channeling his inner Bob Griese and taking a big loss with Lee dropping him for a huge loss.

9. The students/fans getting louder and louder as "The Stand" progressed.

I may have a few plays out of order, but I really believe Marcus Trice set the tone on play one.

Edited by UNTLifer

1. The first play was the option left where Trice planted Dillard. I really think this set the tone for "The Stand."

2. Second play, Wright had a picture perfect tackle knocking Dillard's helmet off.

8. McHargue channeling his inner Bob Griese and taking a big loss with Trice dropping him for a huge loss.

I may have a few plays out of order, but I really believe Marcus Trice set the tone on play one.

switch 2 and 5 and i think that makes it ok

play #2 was the qb keeper

i think had Rice coach not been trying to outthink UNT's D he should have pounded it up the middle after play #2... but then he went outside and gave our D so much more confidence

That tackle on the sweep left was a thing of beauty. Not only does this defense hit as hard as anyone in the nation, but they can tackle well. I love the attitude they have. They went into The Stand saying, "That's cute that you got to the 2 yard line and s**t, but that's all you get. You're going to regret the next five minutes of your life.".

• Upvote 4

8. McHargue channeling his inner Bob Griese and taking a big loss with Trice dropping him for a huge loss.

Laramie Lee had the final tackle in THE STAND/Hunt for Red October/Building the Green Curtain/etc.

• Upvote 2