New Scrappy?

JRock

Saw him wandering around the tailgate today. I like the previous Scrappy's look, but dirty, smelly and molting had to go. This one would be okay if they'd put a jersey on him, I think.

Yeah, I saw him walking around Apogee a sec ago and he wasn't wearing a shirt/jersey. He desperately needs one.

Kids thought it was terrible, and also noticed it only has two front claws? That can be changed by putting him in a uniform, but as a previous Eppy myself I gotta say I don't care for it. Eppy was hand made by a student, Myles Alfonzo, who crafted and maintained Eppy in his dorm. So we just dealt with his hideousness. This on the other hand was professionally done and not worth what they paid for it IMO.

BTW.. what was wrong with 2004 Scrappy? Anyone know?

Rick

Looks to me like they went cheap.

Old Scrappy was wearing out and rather than replace him with a custom made replacement.... They bought one off the rack.

It looks like some garbage you could rent at Rose's Costume Shop.

When you're winning games, Scrappy's sew themselves.

• Upvote 1

If uniform talk makes us women, does mascot talk make us children?

I didn't like the pics if the new Scrappy, but I didn't think he was all that bad in person. When compared to his predessesor, the new Scrappy looks more like an eagle and less like a Klan member.

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 1