Amazing Timing: Oiler/Titans Owner Bud Adams Dies At 90 !

PlummMeanGreen

Many North Texas Exes are from the Gulf Coast of Texas and know very much about Bud Adams; that is, all of us Baby Boomers on up.

Amazing timing? That he would die within days of Bum Phillips and that they were the same age. (Is 90 the new 70)?

to http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/10/titans-owner-bud-adams-dies/?cmpid=hpfc

RIP, Mr. Adams.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Apparently so, since neither were exactly life-long fitness freaks. When I was a kid, my cousin was an assistant under Bum, and I went to a cookout at my cousins house in Sugar Land which Bum and Adams both attended. One of the things that impressed me most was the quantity of food on Bum's plate. RIP.

Oh! I forgot we still have some of the progressive P.C. and caca stinketh not crowd on this board.

Hey! Bud bit the big one! Is that good enough for some of you much too self important pricks?

GMG!

Questioning the "timing" of someone's death is a little insensitive, don't you think ole Plummer? The man is likely someone's dad, grandfather, (great-grandfather?), brother, friend, etc. so don't you think they might take offense of pointing out the "irony" in this person's passing?

Many North Texas Exes are from the Gulf Coast of Texas and know very much about Bud Adams; that is, all of us Baby Boomers on up.

Amazing timing? That he would die within days of Bum Phillips and that they were the same age. (Is 90 the new 70)?

to http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/10/titans-owner-bud-adams-dies/?cmpid=hpfc

RIP, Mr. Adams.

GMG!

I'm from the gulf coast, and, well, I'll not make my feelings public.