Howell Picks For October 3rd Games

MeanGreen61

Like someone said...

..."you may be better or you may not be better than your opponent, but main thing is that you are better than your opponent on the day you play them." (OK, that someone was Brad Sham on "The Fan" just minutes ago).

We are not a juggernaut of a football program at this point in time IMHO...on any given Game Day with our CUSA opponents, we could win any of those game or just as easily lose some of them, too. When we become a juggernaut, it would become very likely that we would not lose any of them.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

2-13 is not a good road record (under D Mc) but here are those 13 losses:

OOC:

Georgia

LSU

Bama

Kansas State

Ohio

Houston

Tulsa

and conference losses on the road to:

ULL

ULM

WKU

MTSU
FIU

Arkansas State

And, I think every one of those conference teams we lost to on the road....went to bowls the year, that we lost to them.

So if you're gonna keep throwing out the 2-13 road record.....it should be examined more closely than just the record.

• Upvote 7

OOC:

Georgia

LSU

Bama

Kansas State

Ohio

Houston

Tulsa

ULL

ULM

WKU

MTSU

FIU

Arkansas State

And, I think every one of those conference teams we lost to on the road....went to bowls the year, that we lost to them.

So if you're gonna keep throwing out the 2-13 road record.....it should be examined more closely than just the record.

Good point.

Rick

• Upvote 1

OOC:

Georgia

LSU

Bama

Kansas State

Ohio

Houston

Tulsa

ULL

ULM

WKU

MTSU

FIU

Arkansas State

Good post SUMG. Plus 1

• Upvote 1

OOC:

Georgia

LSU

Bama

Kansas State

Ohio

Houston

Tulsa

ULL

ULM

WKU

MTSU

FIU

Arkansas State

It is what it is, until it is different.

If we continue to refuse to pass on 1st down, we will see the same results we have seen.

Be aggressive.

• Upvote 1

OOC:

Georgia

LSU

Bama

Kansas State

Ohio

Houston

Tulsa

ULL

ULM

WKU

MTSU

FIU

Arkansas State

You bring up an excellent point. Thanks. I do believe the record becomes 3-13 after the Tulane game. I think this team has taken steps toward "learning how to win", and I think that will show itself in a Mean Green win at Tulane. Mean Green comes home with that elusive road win!

• Upvote 1

It is what it is, until it is different.

If we continue to refuse to pass on 1st down, we will see the same results we have seen.

Be aggressive.

Tell ya what. Let's put a six pack of your beer of choice (that isn't impossible to find) on the line, ok? Loser delivers the beer to the winner on the 12th. I'll take North Texas and 7 points. Deal?

Plus, unlike some, I won't claim two weeks from now that the bet was for a bottling plant.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Tell ya what. Let's put a six pack of your beer of choice (that isn't impossible to find) on the line, ok? Loser delivers the beer to the winner on the 12th. I'll take North Texas and 7 points. Deal?

Plus, unlike some, I won't claim two weeks from now that the bet was for a bottling plant.

I coulda won a six pack on single beer bets with 6 different people on here on the Houston-Roadkill game, but I DIDN'T BET.

I am certainly not going to bet against a team I want to win, and win big.

And your proposal was confusing. Are you talking about taking UNT and getting 7 points? or giving 7 points? Either way, no deal.

Edit: y'all do understand what the proper line for the game should be and what I want to happen are 2 separate things, right?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

Continue to refuse? What is our current pass on 1st %? I thought this was no longer out of wack?

In the 2 wins, it was very balanced.

At Ohio, it was terrible, especially in the first half (2 passes, 16 runs).

Georgia really doesn't matter, because we weren't going to move the ball, regardless (although I think we still skewed heavily toward the run in the 1st half, but I honestly didn't keep track).

This has been Mac's road calling card. And it has sucked.

Hope we play aggressive against Tulane.

• Upvote 1