Tulane vs. La. Tech tonight

Harry

New LaTech coach was left with a bare cupboard.

Oh no, Deep, you did not just go there did you? Blaming the players for perhaps not playing up to their potential? We all know from being told hundreds of times here on GMG that it is never players faults for anything...it's always rotten coach. So, stop making excuses for te coach. Are you in the pocket of the La Tech Ad and HC? Some might think you are an apologist for the coach by laying it on the players. Come on, you know the HC should be fired NOW if only the La Tech had had the money and would just admit what a terrible hire he made. Fire them both...right now...Thursady night...buy out both contracts. Neither one know a thing about what they are doing and EVERY single supporter will leave if they are both not fired NOW...like tonight I tell you!

NOTE: Yes..sarcasm alert here for those who don't get it! If you do get it...sorry, just couldn't resist. It was just too easy. :-)

• Upvote 2

I think Tulane is going to be a handful by the time NT plays there. Looks like they have a lot of individual talent, particularly on defense.

If La Tech had a record number of students there, then they also had a record number leave before the fourth quarter. Stands looked deserted. Just an observation, NT may not be any better in their mid week game.

Lots of strange calls in that TCU-Tech game.

• Upvote 1

I think Tulane is going to be a handful by the time NT plays there. Looks like they have a lot of individual talent, particularly on defense.

If La Tech had a record number of students there, then they also had a record number leave before the fourth quarter. Stands looked deserted. Just an observation, NT may not be any better in their mid week game.

Lots of strange calls in that TCU-Tech game.

Sure Tulane will be a handful if our football team does not improve and stays the same, but I think they will improve with the talent I see plus we seem to have more team speed as well.

So, yes, North Texas also has a lot of individual talent that I hope Coach Mac & Staff will have well meshed and working as a well oiled machine by the Tulane game. I like their chances to do just that, too. Lest some forget, we beat a ULaLa team with basically the same football team we have now just last Fall and I don't think Tulane could have stayed on the same football field with that Rajun Cajun football team; that is, a Rajun Cajun team who would go to a bowl and win their bowl last December.

Will we ever be able to erase the past 8 years to move this thing forward for all our fans and alums respective's psyches is even a bigger question. I just have to keep the perspective that only a few of us on this board were either UNT students, alums or fans last time the Mean Green football program had 4 over winning seasons in a row as well as 5 out of 6 over .500. Funny how time slips away.

It would be an understatement to say that we're all hungry for even better success than even that for our school's football program. No group would be as deserving for that to happen than our group.

:thumbsu: On the other channel, I did notice Texas Tech used 2 true freshmen QB's in their win over #24 ranked TCU (are their colors blue or purple & do they even know) as I watch a replay of that game even as I post.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Our competition for the C-USA West is Rice. These two schools are terrible. Hard to believe people were clamoring for Scotty Young to come here. I'll bet La. Tech fans would take a QB who could complete 75% of his passes.

Agree on this. La Tech lost too many weapons from an excellent squad a year ago. The perplexing group is Tulsa with the offensive talent returning for the most part. Are they a team that looks bad now and is pretty good at the end of the year? Or does the train derail off the tracks?

Rice looks really good so far...anxious to see what they do with Kansas this week

• Upvote 1

Agree on this. La Tech lost too many weapons from an excellent squad a year ago. The perplexing group is Tulsa with the offensive talent returning for the most part. Are they a team that looks bad now and is pretty good at the end of the year? Or does the train derail off the tracks?

Rice looks really good so far...anxious to see what they do with Kansas this week

Tulsa isn't difficult to figure. They graduated eight starters fromlast season's team. Before the season, they lost one of their three returning starters to grades. In game one, they lost another to injury.

So, Tulsa is playing with 10 new starters on defense.

They also lost their top receiver in game two. Their field goal kicker is new and is as iffy as our pair.

In short, if you can stop Trey Watts, you can stop Tulsa this year.

It all adds up to, they suck this year. OU will bury them tomorrow; so, they will be a little more beat up. They then play Iowa State on Thursday the 26th, a team which has a tough defense and will be seeking revenge for the bowl loss last season to the Golden Hurricane.

Then, they open their C-USA slate October 5 with Rice, the best in the West. After that game, they will be sitting a 1-4, with their only win coming against an awful Colorado State squad on a last second field goal.

As I said before, when it rains it pours. It hasn't rained on Tulsa much over the past decade. It's rained on us plenty. Hopefully, this is our year to stay healthy and get the breaks on the field. It's happened for Tulsa plenty. Sad they will have a bad year, but...

...looking forward to getting into our C-USA games. They look easier than they did just a months ago. No one seems to have a potent offense.

I'll definitely take DT over Young after seeing what Young has done this season to date. Am sure Young will improve with playing time, but I am just not impressed at all so far.

DT isn't the question. THe question is would you take BB over Young. I think the jury is still out on that one.

DT isn't the question. THe question is would you take BB over Young. I think the jury is still out on that one.

From what I have seen of Young thus far...yes, BB, should he get on the field cannot have this bd of a start to HS carrier. Better an unknown than one who has shown some less than stellar results to date. And, I am still not convinced on any level that Mac had any interest in signing Young at any time. But, I do hope young Mr. Young gets it together and has a successful career at La Tech (except, of ourselves, when he lines up against the Mean Green). He's a good kid and he's from Denton. So, lots to like in Scotty Young.

Nope, can't be Young either. How dare you suggest a player might in any way be responsible for the way he performs in games. Has to be the HC coach...fire that guy NOW. Surely La Tech has the money to buy him out and it s obvious it was a terrible hire, so fire the AD while you are at it! Obviously, this terrible HC has ruined a HOF college QB already!

UNTfan23....sarcasm alert! LOL!

• Downvote 1

Nope, can't be Young either. How dare you suggest a player might in any way be responsible for the way he performs in games. Has to be the HC coach...fire that guy NOW. Surely La Tech has the money to buy him out and it s obvious it was a terrible hire, so fire the AD while you are at it! Obviously, this terrible HC has ruined a HOF college QB already!

UNTfan23....sarcasm alert! LOL!

I didn't know Scotty Young was a projected top 7 pick in the NFL draft...

Benford sucks. Everyone knows it. Let it go.

I didn't know Scotty Young was a projected top 7 pick in the NFL draft...

Benford sucks. Everyone knows it. Let it go.

Heck no...I can run a line of thinking into the ground as well as you can....you mean you are tiring of this constant reminder? Really, just think of how much so many folks are tired of that same old tired line of yours all day every day.

Who do we have that was projected a top 7 pick in the NFL draft?

Really man, that horrible La Tech coach needs to be fired now along with the AD and the BOR should all be asked for their resignations as they have allowed the AD to hire this guy and then to keep him around after proving to be so terrible. Guy can't coach and has already ruined their HOF QB! Heck, Scotty sure has no responsibility to bear for his performance to date it is all that horrible hire of a HC! You know, the one some here said was the one UNT should have hired!

• Downvote 1

I believe most here wanted a guy that just beat USC. We apparently wouldn't talk to him because of the way he left Tech.

Didn't stop Wash St.

Abd they just won a game that MATTERS to their fan base.

UNT90:

As I recall the timeline of all that with Coach Leach post Texas Tech dismissal, he had actually sued the state of Texas over how he felt was the shabbiness of his firing and (subsequently) there would not be one Texas based public university who would touch him with a 10 foot pole because of that lawsuit. As we know, being on the wrong side of Texas politics can be suicidal for a school unless you are a UT-Austin or TAMU

Not sure Coach Leach would have had any interest with a pre-Apogee North Texas anyway.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1