High Temp 91 for Saturday

UNT90

I cannot get your temp prediction to make sense...91 for a high, highest temp is in mid afternoon...mid afternoon kickoff...kickoff temp 91. Right?

You tend to reach your high temperature for the day around 5 or 6 PM in the afternoon, so his temp predictions seem right on par. We'll likely have high 80s at kick-off and hit the low 90s at or just after halftime. Low 90s for a game is not too bad and lots better than what we had for the last game.

• Upvote 3

I will be there, so no excuses for myself here, but to say low 90s is better for this game than the low 100s was for the last home game does not really take the sun into consideration. Sure, I was not too hot in the shady confines of the west side for the first game, but 91 in the sun feels a heck of a lot hotter to me personally than 103 does in the shade. The student side will basically be in the sun the whole game now, so I would not be surprised seeing some departures around half.

• Upvote 1

I agree with 90 on this one. 72 ish at sun up. about 82 at noon when everyone will be tailgating, 86 to 88 at kickoff, peaking at 91 about 5:00 p.m. With a little wind it should be perfect football weather.

FYI, the temp peaked the last game day around 3 pm at 104° and held it for a couple hour

On August 31, 2013 Denton airport hit a high of 104°at 14:53 or 2:53pm with 21% Humidity.

The temps for denton airport for the last three days are posted all the time.

http://w1.weather.gov/data/obhistory/KDTO.html

Edited by KingDL1
  • Upvote 1

What the heck, we gotta' blue norther' coming in or what? 91 degrees is a piece of cake.

And if Bama'/TAMU keeps you home just mail back your UNT degree. One doing that would be part of the problem...not our eventual solution. (I did notice last game a Apogee they kept up to date scores on the south jumbotron).

Hilarious - My thought exactly! Unfortunately, I live in the Austin area & cannot drive up for the game, but would if I could. I consider any UNT alum that lives in the Denton & DFW very lucky to be close enough to attend regular games.

• Upvote 1

What the heck, we gotta' blue norther' coming in or what? 91 degrees is a piece of cake.

And if Bama'/TAMU keeps you home just mail back your UNT degree. One doing that would be part of the problem...not our eventual solution. (I did notice last game a Apogee they kept up to date scores on the south jumbotron).

Plus, there's a crazy thing called a DVR that will let you watch that game in its entirety if you wanted...I fear this will keep quite a few at home, though. Its the biggest game in Aggie history and I have a feeling that many people will want to watch this in the cool air or in a pool with a TV close by with their Aggie and Longhorn buddies, who both have a vested rooting interest in this game.

I think we will announce a crowd similar to the one against Idaho, around 22-23k, with actual attendance of around 17-18k.

One piece of advice, PMG--don't tempt UNT "alums" with the idea of sending back their degrees because they are watching their "real team" play on TV while we are playing a home game. (I can't tell you how much I hated hearing that phrase when telling a fellow alum or non-degreed fan to come and watch a UNT game with me). I'm not sure the Registrar could handle all that extra work if we made that offer...

Edited by untjim1995

Plus, there's a crazy thing called a DVR that will let you watch that game in its entirety if you wanted...I fear this will keep quite a few at home, though. Its the biggest game in Aggie history and I have a feeling that many people will want to watch this in the cool air or in a pool with a TV close by with their Aggie and Longhorn buddies, who both have a vested rooting interest in this game.

I think we will announce a crowd similar to the one against Idaho, around 22-23k, with actual attendance of around 17-18k.

One piece of advice, PMG--don't tempt UNT "alums" with the idea of sending back their degrees because they are watching their "real team" play on TV while we are playing a home game. (I can't tell you how much I hated hearing that phrase when telling a fellow alum or non-degreed fan to come and watch a UNT game with me). I'm not sure the Registrar could handle all that extra work if we made that offer...

Winning has been known to cure cancer which is what we really need to start doing regularly in MG Country.

Plus the ones who would mail back their degrees probably haven't been back to campus since the day they graduated one might assume?

Of course, we need everyone no matter their past history as a fan or alum. I started out as merely a curious fan who thought our stadium (Fouts) sucked big time but then I just plain got hooked on Mean Green football under the direction of Hayden Fry (who I knew about from his SMU days). Can't seem to shake this Mean Green fever all these years later, either. :)

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

This morning on the Ticket, our own "alum" Craig Miller said to Geroge Dunham that it was too bad he had to work the UNT-Ball State game at the same time the Alabama-Texas A&M game is going on. This is what so many UNT alumni hear (or read) everyday in their media outlets and why so many feel like it was right to never get into UNT sports.

Changing this mindset is going take more than just winning games against non-AQ teams in CUSA, the MAC and the SBC. We are going to have to beat the AAC teams when we play them (SMU) and we are going to have eventually beat one of those AQ powers. Whether its Georgia this year or Texas, Iowa, Tennessee, or Florida in the future, we can only get the local media writers on our side if we beat one of the AQs on our schedule, since that is who most fans and media care about. Otherwise, it will continue to be much of the same as we move forward.