It's gonna be painfully hot on Saturday

meangreener

Listen To Me Now, OK? :)

Folks, the Apogee Stadium west side (press box/suites) will be in the shade not too long after kick-off if not part of the kick-off.part of tomorrow's timeline. It's when you are in the gol' darned sun as to when it gets hot. I almost did too much of that merely feeding a couple of horses yesterday and just walking the pasture. Moral of story: Get out of the sun and into the shade and by all mean..........hydrate like crazy during our Texas heat spells.

Repeat: The shade on Apogee west side will already be in place at kick-off or soon after.

Do we have a few real Texans who are going to be coming to this game? :) Heck, I'm T-2 diabetic (as you know by now) :hair:

and will be roughing it out in much of the tailgate sunshine. A shade will most obviously be a commodity, tomorrow,

of course.

Even if it got too hot, one could always go back to the car, turn AC on, listen to game there and then come back to the stadium to finish the game.

We've had hot games before and as one said, many were well attended and most stayed.

GMG!

PS: I do wish from now on any late August or first part of September games at Apogee would start at 7:00 PM.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Not that I'm trying to sell a product here - but I'd highly recommend Frogg Toggs chilly pad cooling towel. I swear by these things and use them when I mow in the summer or go on a ridiculously hot campout with my sons Boy Scout troop. They are about 15$ retail and will keep you nice and cool during these crazy hot days. You can probably even find a lime green version. :

http://www.amazon.com/Frogg-Togg-Chilly-Pad-Blue/dp/B003YF7W22

edit: hah! yes, there IS a lime green version!

- there, I just eliminated the heat excuse. :Ghelyon:

Edited by Stan R
  • Upvote 1

Because the last 2 home openers were in the high 80s. Also because the high temp a couple of weeks ago was 88.

Weather in Texas is like a box of Chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.

I disagree with you 90 (sarcasm implied)... Boxes of chocolate are more predicatble. At least you can flip over the box over to see what's contained inside. You just don't know which chococolate is which.

I will be wearing a new Mean Green T-shirt & baseball cap I purchased from Denton's new "Barefoot"store yesterday off the Denton courthouse square.

Barefoot has a very large and nice "new look" collection of Mean Green gear and sportswear at very reasonable prices); and (again) it's off the square on the northwest part of it near the police/fire department (?) plus.............I'll be wearing some nice new white khaki shorts from Kohls. :rolleyes:

HOT RUMOR: I heard Joan Rivers and the Fashion Police will be at the Apogee Stadium Mean Green Carpet to see if we're all up to date and Texas chic with our new Mean Green sportswear. B)

:alien00078:BUT......guess what our North Texas Mean Green football players :goodjob: will be wearing for those who think it will to too hot as most all of us sit in the shade wearing our T-shirts and shorts?

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

For me it was my son's first game ever..5th grade. Weatherford vs Burleson August 2011.

He had a 3 p.m. kick off and it was 112 degrees. To make matters worse, the coach(that's what some called him)...tried to make the kids scrimmage in full pads an hour before kick off ...

Are you serious? That has to be one of the craziest things I've ever heard.

• Upvote 1

I don't like the implication of what you are saying here

Hey, your balls are the only thing that even gave him second thoughts. He even asked me to bring your balls back for him. I told him that the only way to taste your balls was to do it in person!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hey, your balls are the only thing that even gave him second thoughts. He even asked me to bring your balls back for him. I told him that the only way to taste your balls was to do it in person!!

Wow that is a mouthful.

• Upvote 2

Interruption to ball talk. Finally decided on a menu. Jalepeno and pepper jack cheese wrapped with a chicken breat and grilled to perfection, along with jalepeno cheddar sausages.

Watermelon, pineapple, and other fruit that is sooo good on a hot summer day.

GO MEAN GREEN!!

• Upvote 2

:thumbsu: Good one, NTSUEagle !

Wonder just how many coats of "plastic" Ms. Joan has on that mug of hers? She must hold the Guiness Book of World Records for facelifts! :)

I do give her credit though. She does make fun of herself. Heard her on the All-Comedy Station up here in Denver. Had to be from like 20 years ago.

Yes. I video recorded it to show the league what was going on.

Rick

There is a lot ridiculous about that. What I don't understand, besides the coach, is why the game was scheduled at 3 in August. That's the hottest time of the day in the hottest month in freaking Texas. My youth football leagues didn't start playing until September and even then we played on Saturday mornings.

Interruption to ball talk. Finally decided on a menu. Jalepeno and pepper jack cheese wrapped with a chicken breat and grilled to perfection, along with jalepeno cheddar sausages.

Watermelon, pineapple, and other fruit that is sooo good on a hot summer day.

GO MEAN GREEN!!

I think the I am going to stick with the normal fare of Brats, chicken, and pork short ribs.. Lost the international student section that was fish only, so it has simplified the menu some. May be doing jalapeno poppers on the grill though

• Upvote 1

There is a lot ridiculous about that. What I don't understand, besides the coach, is why the game was scheduled at 3 in August. That's the hottest time of the day in the hottest month in freaking Texas. My youth football leagues didn't start playing until September and even then we played on Saturday mornings.

I couldn't believe it either, especially with the heat wave we were experiencing. When I played our games were always before 9 am.

What was crazy though was.the association our league was a part of,...(North Central Texas Football Association) made a mandate to disallow practices when the temperature was over 106 degrees. Practice was usually at 5:30-6:00 for four days a week. The boys ended up having to wait, often times just throwing the ball around till the temp dropped. But evidently on game days the rule didnt apply. How stupid is that?

BTW,. My nephew,...4th grade, plays in the Suwanee Georgia region and their kids' first day of pads was July 17th.

Crazy

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

6560-1934.gif

Come on, boys! The way you're lollygaggin' around here with them picks and them shovels, you'd think it was a hundert an' twenty degree. Can't be more than a hundert an' fourteen.