The Defense

UNTLifer

Lost in all the gnashing of teeth over the QB position is the positive performance of the defense. I sure hope this signals a return of defense to its status of the past. One thing we could always count on was NT playing good defense and knocking somebody's head off. I hope and pray we are getting back to that level.

• Upvote 5

its hard to give credit with second hand accounts only... If the D puts up a good play, was it a breakdown by the O or was it a good play by the D? and vice versa....

We will see. I have confidence that mac is working these guys and the intensity has been increased since his arrival. We'll see Aug 31st. Can't Wait!

GMG!

• Upvote 1

I never take any positives from preseason as fact. Period. Show me something when it counts and I'll believe it.

But let's jump on those negatives. Maybe not you, but plenty of others. The double standard cracks me up. It is like we just don't want to accept good news around here, but will rally around the negatives til the cows come home.

• Upvote 1

But let's jump on those negatives. Maybe not you, but plenty of others. The double standard cracks me up. It is like we just don't want to accept good news around here, but will rally around the negatives til the cows come home.

There have been a TON of negatives and very little good news with this program the last 8 years. You wanna get all googley moogley over a scrimmage that really means nothing, go right ahead.

But don't get mad at the people who take this for what it is, which is a scrimmage among the talent currently on UNT's roster. Doesn't mean a thing.

If the NCAA allowed us to practice against TCU or SMU, THEN you would have a true barometer of where this team was at .

They don't and you, or anyone else, for that matter, don 't.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Don't misunderstand me - I'm as optimistic as any NT homer when it comes to the start of the season. I actually see many reasons to be positive. But just like any person who has been let down time and time again, I'm going to remain guarded until I see real results. I still haven't made my mind up on Coach Mac. I think this season will be the final answer in my mind.

There have been a TON of negatives and very little good news with this program the last 8 years. You wanna get all googley moogley over a scrimmage that really means nothing, go right ahead.

But don't get mad at the people who take this for what it is, which is a scrimmage among the talent currently on UNT's roster. Doesn't mean a thing.

If the NCAA allowed us to practice against TCU or SMU, THEN you would have a true barometer of where this team was at .

They don't and you, or anyone else, for that matter, don 't.

I agree, but we spend numerous threads complaining at this or that that the coaches made negative comments about, but typically ignore the good news about the defense, depth in the secondary, etc... I just find it funny. I'm not mad, I just find it funny that we tend to look for the bad news to jump on.

I agree, but we spend numerous threads complaining at this or that that the coaches made negative comments about, but typically ignore the good news about the defense, depth in the secondary, etc... I just find it funny. I'm not mad, I just find it funny that we tend to look for the bad news to jump on.

Maybe the offense is just plain terrible. There is reall good evidence that this is the case. Hard to tell how good the defense really is when the offense sucks.

Like I said, we won't know what we have until at least Aug. 31, and maybe not until Sept. 7th if Idaho is just plain terrible.

• Downvote 1