Central Wyoming College Armani "Flash" Flannigan visits UNT

Harry

PIcked this up off our boy UNTHoops on Twitter:

UNTHOOPS Looks like #UNT will host Central Wyoming College Armani "Flash" Flannigan this wknd. The 6'8 Forward averaged 14 & 6 this past season

22 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

Wesley had offers from Arkansas and Kansas St., among others. Now we are going after a guy that may or may not have an offer from Iona. Just pointing out the cliff recruiting is heading over.

We have no idea who this guy has offers from. Please stop giving 100% accuracy to Rivals...it's been proven many times to be incorrect especially when dealing with juco transfers and late qualifiers.

We have no idea who this guy has offers from. Please stop giving 100% accuracy to Rivals...it's been proven many times to be incorrect especially when dealing with juco transfers and late qualifiers.

No, we don't. But we do know that Spring signing day is 2 days behind us without without a signing and we have 4 open scholarships and basically zero competition for a big man spot.

It would seem we would have at least one spot filled by now.

Maybe Benford recruits the greatest JUCO class in UNT history, but his start to this Spring has been anything but spectacular.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

No, we don't. But we do know that Spring signing day is 2 days behind us without without a signing and we have 4 open scholarships and basically zero competition for a big man spot.

It would seem we would have at least one spot filled by now.

Maybe Benford recruits the greatest JUCO class in UNT history, but his start to this Spring has been anything but spectacular.

OK we get that you feel this way, can we just wait to see who he lands before we crap all over his efforts? I could care less about the start to recruiting I - and most here - care about the results.

OK we get that you feel this way, can we just wait to see who he lands before we crap all over his efforts? I could care less about the start to recruiting I - and most here - care about the results.

If the results don't match the talent we have recruited the last 3 year, will we then see a bunch of "diamond in the rough" and "you can't trust recruiting services" posts to justify a drop in recruiting.

Like I said in the previous post, it's early, and Benford may indeed pull several rabbits out of his hat, but the start of Spring signing is very concerning.

• Upvote 1

If the results don't match the talent we have recruited the last 3 year, will we then see a bunch of "diamond in the rough" and "you can't trust recruiting services" posts to justify a drop in recruiting.

Like I said in the previous post, it's early, and Benford may indeed pull several rabbits out of his hat, but the start of Spring signing is very concerning.

True, we did have some talented recruits the last 3 years, but the results didn't get us to the NCAA's, thus winning the SBC tourney, the past two years. I agree with Harry, let's see how this ends up.

• Upvote 3

Interesting side note, there is a DeMonte Flannigan who signed with Cleveland State and was a pretty highly regarded recruit with a lot of offers... He is 6-8 like Armani. Just a coincidence? Could they be related? Who knows but here's a link to his profile:

http://clevelandstatehoops.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=2013&action=display&thread=354

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Demonte-Flannigan-113736