Plant explosion in West

I'm sure everyone's tuned into the details now, but man . . . Not much else to say than simply, pray, love, run to help -- whatever your method of help is, just do it. West is in chaos right now. A beautiful, charming little town that pretty much anyone that has ever driven south on I-35 is familiar with.

Just devastating . . .

http://www.wfaa.com/news/texas-news/powerful-exploson-rocks-town-north-of-waco-203508001.html

-- TheFranchise

• Upvote 2

They are reporting five FF's and one cop may have died, and the EMS director for the county is predicting 60-70 dead?

Nearly 66 years to the day when over 581 lives were lost to the Texas City fertilizer explosion.

...sigh....

Rick

News getting bleaker by the minute.

My late mother and father felt the Texas City explosion in their home town 40 miles away from Texas City.

Siesmograph in Amarillo registered the blast. West has a Volunteer Fire Department, probably approximately 20 members, and probably 5-10 police officers, most of those reserves. Let it sink in that they just lost probably close to half of thier fire department.

Time to put the black band on my badge. I'm tearing up right now.

Update reporting between 5-15 dead. Still around 5 first responders unaccounted for.

Rick

From a personal acquaintance, one FF confirmed dead, her ex son-in-law.

Thoughts and prayers are with the West community and our brothers of West VFD and all their first responders. RIP brothers.

I just found out that one of the missing is a Dallas Firefighter who also volunteered with the West VFD (something that many full time firefighters do), so please also keep this individual and his family in your thoughts and prayers. This was passed along from one of the DFR firefighters who share office space with our GIS group at the City.