MGB: Saturday scrimmage notes

Brett Vito

All I know is that in 2014 we have Tulsa, SMU & LT at home.

Why the negativity?

Because of the inflexibility after 2014. The fact that we may have only 5 home games in 2015.

That being said, maybe RV negotiated this contract to where 2013 counts as Tulsa's portion of the home and home. That would have been the smart thing to do. If not, 5 home games in 2015. Maybe Vito can further clear it up.

• Upvote 1

Back to the thread...I loved to 70 yard pass for a TD that Thompson threw right on the money. Anyone who thinks DT will just hand the team over to any other QB is kidding themselves. Overall, it seemed like UNT has more speed and more size. Some good, some bad today, but I do think this team is in a better spot this year at this time than was last year 's squad.

The long passes were never dt's problem. From my recollection, he's always been pretty good at it. Where I've seen him struggle is in delivering the ball on time and accurately in the 5-20 yard range. I see your point though, I've never questioned his heart and agree that he will give this all he's got.

I have long and intimate knowledge of the North Korean situation. Current events, translated to English, are, Pardon us, fine brethren to the South and in America, but we seem to be running low on edible roots. Could you see fit to send up another boatload of ramen noodles? That would be swell. Thanks.

So maybe, we send up a couple orders of ribs from Metzler's and the Tulsa situation becomes a non issue.

Or, another way to look at North Korea's warlike overtures.............Pardon us, fine brethren to the South and in America, we spend our money on our war machine and can't feed our people, if we make you Americans flinch, maybe you'll nuke some of our hungry people, reducing our population 1/3, or better yet by 1/2, making it manageable for our leader, Kim "Dung" Ill to feed the remaining population of N.Korea more easily.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

DeepGreen, on 31 Mar 2013 - 00:09, said:

Or, another way to look at North Korea's warlike overtures.............Pardon us, fine brethren to the South and in America, we spend our money on our war machine and can't feed our people, if we make you Americans flinch, maybe you'll nuke some of our hungry people, reducing our population 1/3, or better yet by 1/2, making it manageable for our leader, Kim "Dung" Ill to feed the remaining population of N.Korea more easily.

That's not it at all. It's rhetoric to keep their own people in line in spite of famine and death. I've been there (Yes, North Korea). I lived in South Korea. I speak Korean. I imported a Korean wife. My inlaws were from North Korea. They fled to the south during the war. My father in-law would regale me with stories of Soviet soldiers. Really, seriously, I know of what I speak.

Sadly, sometimes I think we got a little of that going on ourselves. Wow, generally conservative me just sounded like a liberal. Happy Easter!

• Upvote 1