FOX SPORTS 1

EAGLE83

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/FOX-Sports-announces-FOX-Sports-1-network-030513

COLLEGE FOOTBALL – Led by Notre Dame at Stanford, the
Big Ten Championship Game and Pac-12 Championship Game (2014) on FOX,
dozens of exclusive, live games from the Pac-12, Big 12 and Conference
USA games on Thursday nights and Saturdays; triple- and
quadruple-headers on Saturdays; Saturday pre- and postgame coverage.

Interesting quote from another article:

In an era when viewers have literally hundreds of networks to choose
from and can use digital video recorders and video-on-demand as well as
newer services such as Netflix to watch TV on their terms, sports has been seen as the one form of programming that can stand up to technology.

I'm pretty psyched about this -- so does this mean all of our games will be on FOX 1?

Will we still have any games on ESPN or ESPN 2 and 3?

I know we have some media/production guys on here I would be interested in their thoughts on this.

I'm pretty psyched about this -- so does this mean all of our games will be on FOX 1?

Will we still have any games on ESPN or ESPN 2 and 3?

I would assume so--I don't know why that would change the highlighted portion.

In 2005, C-USA began a long-term television contract with CBS Sports Network (formerly known as CBS College Sports Network and before known as CSTV) to carry a variety of sports. The deal largely replaced the one it had with ESPN and ESPN Plus, though some C-USA football and men's basketball games are still carried by the ESPN networks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conference_USA

Edited by Mean Green 93-98

I like. I think this is a good move on Fox's part. Remember when the Fox Channel first appreared on the scene? The "big dogs" they were competing against said it wouldn't last...well, history has shown that it not only lasted, but that it has prospered. If I were ESPN I would be taking due notice.

And for the Speed Channel fans out there...my guess right now is that lots of motorsports will still be shown on Fox1 after the changeover...hard for a start up to find 24 hour/365 day sports without the NFL and a few others. So, I would fear not....

• Upvote 2

I like. I think this is a good move on Fox's part. Remember when the Fox Channel first appreared on the scene? The "big dogs" they were competing against said it wouldn't last...well, history has shown that it not only lasted, but that it has prospered. If I were ESPN I would be taking due notice.

And for the Speed Channel fans out there...my guess right now is that lots of motorsports will still be shown on Fox1 after the changeover...hard for a start up to find 24 hour/365 day sports without the NFL and a few others. So, I would fear not....

Wasn't Fox sports born out of the old cable channel HSE? I remember watching that channel as a kid. I don't think it was started from scratch.

• Upvote 1