BREAKING NEWS! GMG.COM BASKETBALL GAME

KRAM1

gallery_1_71_220576.jpg

GMG.COM BASKETBALL GAME!!!!

DATE: MARCH 23RD ... TIP OFF AT 10:00AM

NEW LOCATION: STRICKLAND MIDDLE SCHOOL GYM - Denton ISD

(due to conflicts with all possible gyms on the UNT campus, we are having to move this years game to a new location...direction will follow in a new post within this thread!)

Yes, I know...very close to the Flag Football game, but such is the schedule...let's just make this happen and raise some great funds for the UNT CHEER TEAM!!!!!

We will once again have a half-court shot contest at half-time, some great silent auction items, a post-game "tailgate" (Looking to have this year's after event at RUDY'S BBQ), and perhaps a tour of the new basketball practice facility for all our participants and spectators alike!

BUT, first things first...we need players...so, let's see those sign-ups start ASAP!

Player's fee is once again...in spite of inflationary pressures...still ONLY $25.00. All proceeds go to help support UNT's great Cheer Squad!

It is going to be even more fun this year!

As always, we need players, donors, sponsors, silent auction items and volunteers to help! Let me know what you might like to do to help this year...anything and everything is greatly appreciated...especially as the two events are so close together this year...I am pulling my hair out already! believe me! Ha! All for a great cause...so "good to go"!

gallery_1_71_212954.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

We have our first player sign-up and COACH for the BB game...

UNT 90 has come forward to be the first player to annouce and has agreed to once again Coach one of our teams!!!!

Thank you UNT90!

What does everyone think? Should I try to get Coach Benford to come and coach the opposing team???? :crazysmile::thumbsu:

Edited by Harry
  • Upvote 1

We have our first player sign-up and COACH for the BB game...

UNT 90 has come forward to be the first player to annouce and has agreed to once again Coach one of our teams!!!!

Thank you UNT90!

What does everyone think? Should I try to get Coach Benford to come and coach the opposing team???? :crazysmile::thumbsu:

Just to set the record straight, this is my first time to actually "coach" a GMG team.

And if Benford is the coach of the other team, we will spot him the first 2 picks of the draft, 15 points, and still beat him by double digits. :ass:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Even if I do not play are people who are not on these boards allow to play? Just curious.

Yes, indeed they are...no way players are limited to folks who post on GMG.COM. Just need to know who they are, shirt size and how to get the info about the game to them.

And, Andrew, you should seriously consider playing. You would have a great time!

• Upvote 1

Again a GMG.com fundraiser game is scheduled the day before a race I am running. :censored::jambak::roadrage::fpc::growl::banghead2:

Put me down for the same size shirt (Medium?) I got for the FFB game. I'll get a check in the mail for you in the next couple days.

You know...you can skip a race once in awhile in order to participate. There will be another run the very next week. They are like rabbits...there is no Saturday in the DFW area that does not have a race. You will get to run in the game....just sayin....

Ha! I guess I could say...once again they schedule a run on a day we are having a fund-raiser! No, problem...really appreciate the support even though you cannot play this time...we will miss you! Got you down for the medium shirt...appreciate you! :-)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Would love to do this, but it's the same weekend as the state powerlifting meet. If we don't have a kid qualify ill be in. Is March 9th too late notice?

Nope...let us know by the 9th and we are fine...appreciate the interest!

• Upvote 1

Want to donate Kram man...

Harry can we get a link set up like for GMG X?

There is a link for donations already up and running. Appreciate your support. Take a look right at the top of the game thread. It has a link to the donations site...or if it is better for you, you can mail a check payable to "uNT Athletics", and it can be mailed to me. PM me for te address...or check out the link.

Many many thanks...much appreciated!

• Upvote 2

There is a link for donations already up and running. Appreciate your support. Take a look right at the top of the game thread. It has a link to the donations site...or if it is better for you, you can mail a check payable to "uNT Athletics", and it can be mailed to me. PM me for te address...or check out the link.

Many many thanks...much appreciated!

OOPS! My bad...I forgot this was the basketball game we were talking about here...thanks, harry for saving me....

• Upvote 2

Announcing that FloMoGrad has agreed to return to play again this year...you may know FloMoGrad from the photo above...he's the one sprawled out on the floor!

Welcome back FloMoGrad! Glad to have you with us!

• Upvote 1