BREAKING NEWS! GMG.COM BASKETBALL GAME

KRAM1

Indeed it is...and remember...the after-event at Rudy's...need a good number there as well...and Rudy's has beer! GREATNESS!

I am thinking of adding a collection of beer glasses to the silent auction...various glass shapes and logos...think I could get any bids???

See you on the 23rd! Really appreciate the support for this event.

Ummm....I guess I could put some cash up for that!

2 over 40, defensive-minded old white guy coaches.

I predict a final of 29-22

EDIT: Yes Emmitt, I will actually be a coach on the floor, bring my lunch pail, and have a semi-high basketball intellect. I cannot speak for Harry.

Funny. I was planning on scoring 22-29 points.

I promise Harry, I am in way better shape for the game this year than I was last year. ;) I remember last year when 2 or 3 trips back and forth on the court and I'd be huffing and puffing pretty hard.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 2

Intimidation. Look at what we have. THOR, OPERATOR, COACH, RAGEMASTER5000

hate to break it to ya, but i'm a tall, lanky, white guy who drinks alot...i won't be dropping the hammer on anyone!

hate to break it to ya, but i'm a tall, lanky, white guy who drinks alot...i won't be dropping the hammer on anyone!

Edited by THOR
  • Upvote 4

Is this that thing where you say you're no good and then catch them sleeping. I like that thing.

Not exactly...if this wasn't being held at a school in the district I teach at, I would be intoxicated while playing and have beer on the sidelines and during timeouts...

• Upvote 2

Is this that thing where you say you're no good and then catch them sleeping. I like that thing.

Not exactly...if this wasn't being held at a school in the district I teach at, I would be intoxicated while playing and have beer on the sidelines and during timeouts...

Given that, I don't think we know what we are getting. I can't think of a time where THOR played and alcohol wasn't present.

• Upvote 1

Funny. I was planning on scoring 22-29 points.

Sounds like Harry has a selfish player problem already.

In the spirit of this past badketball season, I think Harry should suspend Rangemadter for the game.

Sounds like a violation of team rules to me.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Sounds like Harry has a selfish player problem already.

In the spirit of this past badketball season, I think Harry should suspend Rangemadter for the game.

Sounds like a violation of team rules to me.

I think I'll learn my lesson if I am benched until the first dead ball.

• Upvote 2

I think I'll learn my lesson if I am benched until the first dead ball.

Heck no...just go out there and don't do a thing you are coached to do...we can blame it on your coach that way! Guy can't coach anyway and only has limited HC experience. Trust me, I've seen him coach before!!! :abe:

• Downvote 1

Heck no...just go out there and don't do a thing you are coached to do...we can blame it on your coach that way! Guy can't coach anyway and only has limited HC experience. Trust me, I've seen him coach before!!! :abe:

Harry, I wouldn't take this blasphemy. I know YOU will wear the number of suits you bring to the game. And I also trust you to motivate/discipline your players in a way that will have them buying into your coaching philosophies.

I trust YOU to do that with your team, although I kinda hope you don't.

Some Questions:

Are we going by NCAA rules? (I have a copy of the Denton 5-7 league rules if anyone thinks that would facilitate a more fair and friendly game)

Is anyone going to get some footage for a highlight/blooper reel? Will there or should there be a mock post-game press conference?

Some Questions:

Are we going by NCAA rules? (I have a copy of the Denton 5-7 league rules if anyone thinks that would facilitate a more fair and friendly game)

Is anyone going to get some footage for a highlight/blooper reel? Will there or should there be a mock post-game press conference?

We will play with a set of "modified" rules. Will be available game time. Not overly "complicated". How could they be for this bunch???

By the way...we will be awarding a few trophies at the after-event party, such as:

Most valuable Player - White Team

Most valuable Player - Green Team

Sportsmanship Award

Spirit Award

Player in Need of the Most Practice

I hope everyone has their Academy Award Speeches ready...the Cheer Squad members will be selecting the winners...no lobbying allowed! :judge:

• Downvote 1

Yea - wondering same thing myself. First post says 10:00 then later it says 11:15?

Yes...a little confusion...my bad...registration will begin at 10 .... Tip off about 11:15am...having a mini-cheer clinic as part of the event as well this year...they are using the gym prior to our game...don't want to run over a bunch of really cute little girls learning about cheer leading, right?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1