Beer for everyone in 2013?

UNTexas

Frats live on campus and treat the dorms just the same. The RA's act like they are pastors at a church trying to save the kids from any temptation.

When they look at the revenue it will bring in for all the sports and the concerts they can book( which they don't book any because no band will play at a dry event) there is no way they can turn down the money.

Minnesota was the last university to get a liquor license I remember getting theirs.

They brought in 6 figures in revenue.

Get the booze so we can buy out Benford

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If we are thinking about booze we had better start thinking of ways of utilizing DCTA and the A-Train, including transportation to and from town to campus after six PM. We do not want a terrible wreck on 1-35 involving someone who has been drinking at one of our ball games (or other events). Promoting and marketing the DCTA could be a boon for all UNT events as well as for downtown businesses. That this has not been more effectively pursued looks like just another countless example of lost opportunity we have come to expect around here.

Would promotional ads in the DMN or on the radio (the Ticket for example) be that expensive? With a hundred thousand alumni in the DFW area should we not be trying to get some of them up here and back home safely from time to time? Just a thought.

• Upvote 1

Who checks the IDs and 86s those that overindulge? Underage drinking is against the law and I can see lawsuits from accident victims if someone drives drunk that was served at the stadium and has an accident.

Most people are responsible drinkers but abusers kill it for everyone.

Most places that serve alcoholic beverages require the servers to get TABC certified. That way only the server is responible for the actions of the drinker. That is how Jerry Jones, the Texas Rangers and The AAC does it.

If we are thinking about booze we had better start thinking of ways of utilizing DCTA and the A-Train, including transportation to and from town to campus after six PM. We do not want a terrible wreck on 1-35 involving someone who has been drinking at one of our ball games (or other events). Promoting and marketing the DCTA could be a boon for all UNT events as well as for downtown businesses. That this has not been more effectively pursued looks like just another countless example of lost opportunity we have come to expect around here.

Would promotional ads in the DMN or on the radio (the Ticket for example) be that expensive? With a hundred thousand alumni in the DFW area should we not be trying to get some of them up here and back home safely from time to time? Just a thought.

I share these concerns already with the tailgating, and am surprised that we haven't heard about any drunk driving incidents already. I hardly think adding beer to the stadium would make people any more or less intoxicated than they already are. I would really, really like it if I could take the A-train to and from games, but nope. Doesn't exist, so I get to pay extra to stay in shitty motels instead.

But OldGuy! You could just, you know, not drink! Yeah, you no know me very well, do you?

• Upvote 1

I share these concerns already with the tailgating, and am surprised that we haven't heard about any drunk driving incidents already. I hardly think adding beer to the stadium would make people any more or less intoxicated than they already are. I would really, really like it if I could take the A-train to and from games, but nope. Doesn't exist, so I get to pay extra to stay in shitty motels instead.

But OldGuy! You could just, you know, not drink! Yeah, you no know me very well, do you?

Nothing wrong with shitty hotels. I barely remember them anyways.

In preparation for tonight's impending disaster against FIU, I just discovered Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale. If you're into hops, I do wholeheartedly recommend.

The hoppier the better....thanks for the recommendation!

If we are thinking about booze we had better start thinking of ways of utilizing DCTA and the A-Train, including transportation to and from town to campus after six PM. We do not want a terrible wreck on 1-35 involving someone who has been drinking at one of our ball games (or other events). Promoting and marketing the DCTA could be a boon for all UNT events as well as for downtown businesses. That this has not been more effectively pursued looks like just another countless example of lost opportunity we have come to expect around here.Would promotional ads in the DMN or on the radio (the Ticket for example) be that expensive? With a hundred thousand alumni in the DFW area should we not be trying to get some of them up here and back home safely from time to time? Just a thought.

If this isn't possible right now I doubt it is DCTA's doing. I bet the University doesn't want it, would rather be the ones getting paid for parking. Maybe someone should inquire about this. Seems simple enough to have one UNT shuttle make a few trips from the DDTC to the stadium and back on Saturdays. The train runs late on Saturday too so...

I'm waiting for this to be cancelled by our genius (sarcasm) administration. Whatever moron reacted without thinking in putting the alcohol ban on fraternities will probably get involved in this too.

I believe the alcohol ban is in effect while they investigate the incident with the fraternity. They did not say it was indefinite. Then, there will be the lawsuit, so the moron is trying to protect the interest of the university. Besides, at least I was told, there will be only like 2 beer stands. TABC is involved in the process and is not going allow beer to be sold at every concession stand on the alumni side. That came directly fro a person in the athletic department. Edited by Green Dozer
  • Upvote 2

I believe the alcohol ban is in effect while they investigate the incident with the fraternity. They did not say it was indefinite. Then, there will be the lawsuit, so the moron is trying to protect the interest of the university. Besides, at least I was told, there will be only like 2 beer stands. TABC is involved in the process and is not going allow beer to be sold at every concession stand on the alumni side. That came directly fro a person in the athletic department.

Two stands on one side? That is as silly as saying some states will have booze and prohibition will remain in others and expect the aforementioned states to remain dry.

Dang, sounds familiar. Colorado...

Edited by UNTexas

Two stands on one side? That is as silly as saying some states will have booze and prohibition will remain in others and expect the aforementioned states to remain dry.

Dang, sounds familiar. Colorado...

Was told there is new TABC guy in charge for the Denton area and is not making it easy. In the club level, they stop serving booze at the end of the 3rd quarter. Bet they do the same downstairs, but I was not told anything about that, so just a guess on my part. Edited by Green Dozer
  • Upvote 1

Was told there is new TABC guy in charge for the Denton area and is not making it easy. In the club level, they stop serving booze at the end of the 3rd quarter. Bet they do the same downstairs, but I was not told anything about that, so just a guess on my part.

They stop selling at the end of the 3rd at every NFL game or college so that's normal.

TABC is never relaxed but with Denton being half wet it will make it complicated.

Rick v. And Eric Capper have been in favor of acquiring a TABC license for UNT athletics and I will be very surprised if we don't have it before the 2013 season.