For FireFightnRick and the rest of the Cowboy lemmings.

Sing it loud, sing it proud, and get used to it. because it's going to be a long time before Jerry puts a team on the field that will win.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail Vic-tor-y
Braves on the Warpath
... Fight for old D.C.
Run or pass and score -- we want a lot more!
Beat 'em, Swamp 'em,
Touchdown! -- Let the points soar!
Fight on, fight on 'Til you have won
Sons of Wash-ing-ton. Fight!, Fight!, Fight!
Hail to the Redskins
Hail Vic-tor-y
Braves on the Warpath
Fight for old D.C

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 9

Yesterday was another good one for Sunbelt Conference talent.

FAU's Alfred Morris destroyed the Cowboys last night, rushing for 200 yards on 33 carries, and becamse the Skin's all time leading rusher for a single season. What I noticed most about him though was, unlike Mr. Oklahoma Sooner Demarco Murray, Morris never raised his hand to ask to be brought out of the game even though he had twice the work load. Murray looked gassed despite only 17 carries.

In case your wondering how Morris did against the Mean Green while playing at FAU.

Over a 4 year span, he started the last three, he rushed 103 times for 435 yards and three touchdowns against us. We won the final two games against his team. Last year he had a quiet 165 yards on 23 carries and a TD in a 31-17 loss to the Mean Green.

Also, I saw where T. Y. Hilton had another good performance with a 70 yard TD to help the Colts beat Houston yesterday sending the Texans down to the number three spot in the AFC and setting the Colts up for a good run in the playoffs.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1

The Seahawks will crush the Redskins next week. A one-legged RGIII isn't going to beat anyone in the playoffs

But the Redskins will still have their equipment on Friday. The same can't be said about the Crybaby Cowboys!

Hate to break it to you, Matt, but Romo is not the reason the Cowboys missed the playoffs. Several times this season, a single stop by the Cowboy defense would have made for a win. Want to fire the entire defense as well?

The problems with the Cowboys may lie more with the GM.

• Upvote 2

Hate to break it to you, Matt, but Romo is not the reason the Cowboys missed the playoffs. Several times this season, a single stop by the Cowboy defense would have made for a win. Want to fire the entire defense as well?

The problems with the Cowboys may lie more with the GM.

The defense was banged up very badly. The D didn't throw 3 INT's. how may did that no name rookie throw?

The defense was banged up very badly. The D didn't throw 3 INT's. how may did that no name rookie throw?

So...that excuses a defense that couldn't make a stop when it needed to with the game on the line? Ok..not excusing Romo for the INT's just saying that you are being a tad unrealistic. And, wake me up when that "rookie no name" actually takes the 'skins to the Super Bowl. He and his team...whose defense actually made plays when they counted.....beat a mediocre team in the Cowboys...what are they 7-9. Not saying much to beat a 7-9 team. Not ready to put RGIII in the HOF as yet. Let's hold off on the accolades until we see how the 'Skins do against teams with winning records.

And, how many picks did the Dallas D come up with...remind me again about the big plays they made when it counted.

So...that excuses a defense that couldn't make a stop when it needed to with the game on the line? Ok..not excusing Romo for the INT's just saying that you are being a tad unrealistic. And, wake me up when that "rookie no name" actually takes the 'skins to the Super Bowl. He and his team...whose defense actually made plays when they counted.....beat a mediocre team in the Cowboys...what are they 7-9. Not saying much to beat a 7-9 team. Not ready to put RGIII in the HOF as yet. Let's hold off on the accolades until we see how the 'Skins do against teams with winning records.

And, how many picks did the Dallas D come up with...remind me again about the big plays they made when it counted.

RGIII should not be in the hall of fame yet, but I'd take him over Romo any day. Particularly with how young he is.

RGIII should not be in the hall of fame yet, but I'd take him over Romo any day. Particularly with how young he is.

Careful there youngster......let's see how RGIII fares after a year or two...I recall a guy named Vick who was similar in that he was a runner and a passer....where is the guy now and how many productive years did he have in the NFL? Sometimes the NFL has a way of figuring these types of guys out pretty quickly. Not saying that RGIII might not be the second coming of Brett Farve, Johnny U, Peyton Manning or whomever, but it is his rookie season. Seen lots of this....time will tell.

Edited by KRAM1

Cowboys GM? Isn't he the one that brilliantly brought in Quincy Carter? Nice draft pick.

Yes...that would be the one and the same. Yes, the Quincy Carter that was the RGIII of his day...or so they thought.

That win made my tough 2012 sports year all better

Everyone knows I'm not a Cowboy fan , but I don't think anyone can pin this all on Romo. Outside of Whitten , he didn't really have any options. Dez was playing at about 50% , Miles can't catch a cold even when he's healthy. The online has been horrible all year.

I actually like Romo. He keeps drives alive and gives the Boys a shot. Sure he makes some bonehead mistakes , but I think it's more of trying to make something happen when there is nothing. You really don't want to see Orton back there or anyone else. You would be looking at 10 + sacks a game.

I don't think Romo can win a SB , but he is a way above average NFL QB

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 3

Everyone knows I'm not a Cowboy fan , but I don't think anyone can pin this all on Romo. Outside of Whitten , he didn't really have any options. Dez was playing at about 50% , Miles can't catch a cold even when he's healthy. The online has been horrible all year.

I actually like Romo. He keeps drives alive and gives the Boys a shot. Sure he makes some bonehead mistakes , but I think it's more of trying to make something happen when there is nothing. You really don't want to see Orton back there or anyone else. You would be looking at 10 + sacks a game.

This

The people who want to dump Romo are just grabbing low hanging fruit and ignoring the real problems.

The Cowboys need to draft OL and DL help in the upcoming draft. Smart moves in the draft at those positions and a couple FA signings and this team will be a legit contender. But if they try to replace Romo with a rookie QB we're looking at a losing season and maybe a couple more.

• Upvote 2

I have no dog in this hunt. I don't follow the NFL, and I couldn't care less whether the Cowboys or the Giants or the Buccaneers win the super bowl. So, with an uncaring eye, it appears to me as though Jerry Jones has taken the role of Al Davis as crazy, megalomaniac owner who will never yield despite a constant downward trend of on-field performance.

I have no dog in this hunt. I don't follow the NFL, and I couldn't care less whether the Cowboys or the Giants or the Buccaneers win the super bowl. So, with an uncaring eye, it appears to me as though Jerry Jones has taken the role of Al Davis as crazy, megalomaniac owner who will never yield despite a constant downward trend of on-field performance.

You are pretty much right except Jerry Jones wears suits and Al Davis wore jump suits.

This, this, this, although I think Romo could win a Super Bowl given the right supporting cast. As long as JJ is calling the shots, that ain't gonna happen.

Bash the Cowboys all you want but I take one positive out of this season:

The last 8 games Dallas was 5-3 which is an improvement over last year when they limped into the game against the Giants and got smacked up.

I think I saw Dallas has the #16 draft pick. Get a good player there and a few others and Dallas won't have to worry about the end of the season.

Speaking of limping...I know Dallas isn't the only team that had injury problems. Maybe the NFL should consider increasing the rosters to something closer to 60?

I enjoy the title of this thread. If you are a Cowboys fan, you are a lemming while insinuating that Redskins fans are not. You know, because the Redskins have a long history under Synder of making great decisions and being really successful.

That really sounds like sarcasm. I hope I’m right.

For the record, everyone is a lemming for something.

I enjoy the title of this thread. If you are a Cowboys fan, you are a lemming while insinuating that Redskins fans are not. You know, because the Redskins have a long history under Synder of making great decisions and being really successful.

Wow, you read a lot into the title of the thread. /Sarcasm /You are an f'n mind reader. /Sarcasmend/

• Upvote 1