Wow, Josh Brent is on the Cowboys sideline....

I see nothing wrong with it, the guy is sick over this. The Media should leave it alone

You know, King, you're right, I mean the mother of Jerry Brown forgave Brent, powerfully so. Here's a story where she is mentioned:

http://www.rgj.com/usatoday/article/1773695&usatref=sportsmod

A lot of us should consider whether we should get off our high horse and look within ourselves to realize that sometimes it was only good fortune that kept us from such tragic circumstances. What a hell of a thing to have to live with for the rest of your life.

• Upvote 2

this will probably be the last few times he will ever be on the sidelines again. EVER

he is looking at at LEAST 2 years jail time. most likely wont ever put on an NFL jersey.

Any professional team is like a family and they are trying to cope Brent the best way they can.

Brent is going to have to face the consequences in due time.

He lost his driving privileges, the Cowboys organization is doing this to keep Brent spirits up through some very troubling times for him.

I knew a guy in Frisco who tried driving his girlfriend home. Car got t-boned on the east side of town, she died, he was drunk. Intoxicated manslaughter. Exact same charge. He got seven years (criminal), had to pay some huge restitution to her family(civil) as she had a couple young children, and her family hit the bar for nearly a million dollars (there's your TABC investigation), which ultimately led to a change in ownership for the establishment.

He was in finance and will surely never work in it again.

He was a man of means who was able to hire competent legal counsel, so probably didn't get as harsh of a sentence as someone with a public defender would have. So, with that as the standard, I will be very curious to see how Josh Brent's ultimate punishment compares.

Oh, that's nice. So I suppose it's no business of the State of Texas to bring him up on charges?

Not the same. I would assume that if the mother speaks at the trial that she will still support him. When the family speaks out in favor of the defendant it helps. I think he ends up getting around 3 yrs, so with good behavior that means what nowadays? year and a half?

Not the same. I would assume that if the mother speaks at the trial that she will still support him. When the family speaks out in favor of the defendant it helps. I think he ends up getting around 3 yrs, so with good behavior that means what nowadays? year and a half?

No dude. This is a criminal trial. The mother is forgiving her son's killer... that is fine. Very admirable, and honestly, very Christ-like.

But this does not/should not have any affect on a trial.

The fact that she is forgiving her son's killer does not mean the guy should not be punished to the fullest extent of the law for what he's done. Inexcusable. Neither does it mean he should be cutting up on the Cowboys sideline.

Again, why is this guy's behavior being excused?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No dude. This is a criminal trial. The mother is forgiving her son's killer... that is fine. Very admirable, and honestly, very Christ-like.

But this does not/should not have any affect on a trial.

The fact that she is forgiving her son's killer does not mean the guy should not be punished to the fullest extent of the law for what he's done. Inexcusable. Neither does it mean he should be cutting up on the Cowboys sideline.

Again, why is this guy's behavior being excused?

Like he planned to kill his best friend, go sell your crap somewhere else. You are not his judge, and the team can support him if they want. And guess what its nobody else's business. Not yours and not the media's, he will have his trial and get what he gets.

Edited by KingDL1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Like he planned to kill his best friend, go sell your crap somewhere else. You are not his judge, and the team can support him if they want. And guess what its nobody else's business. Not yours and not the media's, he will have his trial and get what he gets.

No pal, you sell yours somewhere else, because I ain't buying it. We are not talking about support being given by private individuals on their own time. We are talking about public support being given at a public event paid for by the dollars of those attending and those watching on TV. Jerry Jones and company were intentionally making a public statement. They were free to make that choice, but they can also expect to be criticized for that choice.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

No pal, you sell yours somewhere else, because I ain't buying it. We are not talking about support being given by private individuals on their own time. We are talking about public support being given at a public event paid for by the dollars of those attending and those watching on TV. Jerry Jones and company were intentionally making a public statement. They were free to make that choice, but they can also expect to be criticized for that choice.

You really should pull your head out of the Media's ass, not everything is a public statement for your benefit. I don't care if you or the media don't like it, it still is none of your damn business

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Hmmm. Kinda. Surely the thought ran through his mind that he was too drunk to drive? But he did it anyway.

And it really is my business because we share the same roads. You do too. If you're tolerant of this behavior, it will increase. Do you really want that?

This is this guy's second offense. No doubt he had done it several times in between. Probably because he got away with a slap on the wrist the first time. It's sad that a life had to end for him to <hopefully> see the light.

...odd that this has struck such a nerve with you King. I don't think I've ever seen you this riled-up about anything on here before.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Hmmm. Kinda. Surely the thought ran through his mind that he was too drunk to drive? But he did it anyway.

And it really is my business because we share the same roads. You do too. If you're tolerant of this behavior, it will increase. Do you really want that?

This is this guy's second offense. No doubt he had done it several times in between. Probably because he got away with a slap on the wrist the first time. It's sad that a life had to end for him to <hopefully> see the light.

...odd that this has struck such a nerve with you King. I don't think I've ever seen you this riled-up about anything on here before.

No it is not yours or my business, unless he was reported drinking and driving now without his license. He was not as far as I know. He is in due process with the law at this point from what I heard and read. I did not notice Brent lead the team on the field, I am fairly sure they did not induct Brent into the Ring of Honor at halftime. It would not have been a deal at all if the Media had not pointed it out and made a big deal out of it with their spin. The bigger point is some of team members were worried about the guy and they asked him to be there, no message to the media, no message to the public. Hello Media its none of your business either! This "wrong message crap" is just spin period.

Even more ridiculous is to imply he premeditated his friends death, he is young and obviously made a huge mistake, a mistake I doubt he will ever fully get over.

I am sure Brent twisted Brown's arm to ride with him. Did Brown have any responsibility riding with him?

Edited by KingDL1