Lineup I'd Like to See Tonight

MeanGreenHoops

1 - Hardwick - Have been impressed with how he doesn't turn the ball over and picks up his man on defense.

2 - Alzee - Alzee is the most consistent player we have and needs to be on the floor.

3 - Holman - Our best shooter if he can stop being in love with the 3 and take 15 footers it would really open things up inside.

4 - Franklin - He's undersized but he hustles, battles, and most importantly rebounds.

5 - Mitchell - We were best last year when he played the 5. It's not his best position, but it would give more chance for him to rebound which we really need.

What say you guys?

If Holeman is not open for a shot he is a liability. I don't know if it matters much who starts since Benford substitutes every minute.

Not a Coleman fan but I would like to see more of him at the 5 with TM at the 4. (Just to see what we have). Would like to see more of Overlander against zone defenses. (especially when the other guys aren't hitting)

Like you, I would GIVE the starting point guard position to Hardwich. The offense seems to flow smoother with him than Jones. He's not going to score much but I think he is better getting the ball to the scorers better. With Chris, the other guys aren't sure what he is going to do.

Don't know if Patton is totally back but I would like see more of him

Hardwick

Alzee

Patton

Mitchell

Coleman

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry, but I can't stand to watch Franklin play the 4. He does hustle and he has some good skills offensively, but defensively and on the boards he is a liability.

He did grab 9 rebounds but that 6'10" guy had 13 rebounds while mainly competing with Franklin, not to mention blocking Franklin a few times. He was supposed to have transformed himself into a 3, but I've seen the same undersized 4 all year.

I'm not saying he doesn't belong on the court, because his scoring is needed especially right now, but I just personally don't like having him at the 4 for 30 minutes in a game. I too would like to see Patton more, but we NEED J Will and CJ to step it up from the perimeter and penetrating for us to have a chance in conference this year.

If Holeman is not open for a shot he is a liability. I don't know if it matters much who starts since Benford substitutes every minute.

Not a Coleman fan but I would like to see more of him at the 5 with TM at the 4. (Just to see what we have). Would like to see more of Overlander against zone defenses. (especially when the other guys aren't hitting)

Like you, I would GIVE the starting point guard position to Hardwich. The offense seems to flow smoother with him than Jones. He's not going to score much but I think he is better getting the ball to the scorers better. With Chris, the other guys aren't sure what he is going to do.

Don't know if Patton is totally back but I would like see more of him

Hardwick

Alzee

Patton

Mitchell

Coleman

While I am certainly not the biggest fan of Mr. Holmen, I am starting to think he needs more minutes. He's our best 3-point shooter(I know, scary), so other teams as least have to think about staying close to him on the perimeter. When he's not on the floor, the other team can double and triple Tony more easily, because they don't have to worry about leaving a shooter open. This isn't ideal, because I don't feel great about Holmen, but it is what it is. Until someone else starts making jumpers, he should be getting extra PT.

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry, but I can't stand to watch Franklin play the 4. He does hustle and he has some good skills offensively, but defensively and on the boards he is a liability.

He did grab 9 rebounds but that 6'10" guy had 13 rebounds while mainly competing with Franklin, not to mention blocking Franklin a few times. He was supposed to have transformed himself into a 3, but I've seen the same undersized 4 all year.

I'm not saying he doesn't belong on the court, because his scoring is needed especially right now, but I just personally don't like having him at the 4 for 30 minutes in a game. I too would like to see Patton more, but we NEED J Will and CJ to step it up from the perimeter and penetrating for us to have a chance in conference this year.

I would love to see a couple of guys step up and force Franklin to the bench and only play about 20 minutes per game. But until that happens he is the guy who is playing with the most heart and hustle, and needs to be on the floor some where.

I too like Cooley would like to see more of Patton and Coleman, but since they are getting single digits in minutes this season, playing them extended minutes at this point would seem risky, and I don't think we can be risky because of the ditch we've started in this season. I could very much see Cooley's lineup by the end of the season being our strongest 5 but not without those two started to get more extended runs on the floor.

I put in Holman because like cl_1_2008 said, he is our best threat at the moment. When Mitchell gets it in the post 3 guys collapse on him, and opposing defenses completely collapse into the lane. Basically, he has no room. Alzee and Holman are my best guesses at who could deliver on a kick-out at the moment (not necessarily for 3).

If defenses go into a zone Overlander should get another shot to shoot out of it.

I don't know what the issues are with Coleman and Patton, but if Patton is healthy and Coleman is expected to be around next semester, than both need more time on the court. Neither as played enough to determine their value, but either one could take pressure off Mitchell.

I didn't think Franklin was good enough to play on this team, talk about wrong; there are few players that are not good enough to play on this team. Franklin hustles and is effective but him playing the four shows how much for whatever reason; they are not relying on Patton and Colemen.

I think you have to stay with Jones, he is a talent; he showed that last year. He is I hope just going through a rough spot.

Jordan Williams can take over a game when he is on, but is a liability when he is not. I think he has great potential but shows little discipline and his minutes should be limited until he played with more control

I would start Mitchell, Jones, A. Williams, Franklin and either Patton or Coleman.

I would love to see a couple of guys step up and force Franklin to the bench and only play about 20 minutes per game. But until that happens he is the guy who is playing with the most heart and hustle, and needs to be on the floor some where.

I agree he deserves to be on the court, I just wish it could be more at the 3.

Holmen is a double-edged sword. While he is our best outside option, he is 6'8" of non rebounding meh. Niko and Holmes should never be out on the floor together because then you have two worthless rebounders out there.

Whatever they do Mitchell needs to try and stay close to the basket on offense, because he's the only one worth a damn rebounding wise. He keeps drifting towards the three point line because he's having very little success inside, so when we miss our shot nobody is there to get it for us. If Coleman is in the game then Mitchell is allowed to go outside every once in a while.

So, I too would like to see Mitchell and Coleman together more.

Hardwick

Alzee

Franklin

Mitchell

Coleman