JIM JIM!

Harry

Yeah, it's my understanding that JimJim doesn't have a handle on all of the blocking assignments. But I said the same thing...how hard can it be to know the blocking if we run the same dang play.

His TD in the 3rd qtr was the turning point to the game and may have been a turning point for the rest of the season.

Just like in the Troy game, the crowd was just anxious to see something positive (a TD) from the offense. I know a lot of it was due to us wearing ULL down, but it definitely seemed like things changed once we finally got a TD.

• Upvote 1

The ESPN guys said they have a limited package in for JimJim. He doesn't have a full grasp of the playbook. Who knows how much truth is in that.

Good grief! He hasn't changed positions. He's had a year and a half to study the playbook and if he hasn't mastered it by now he never will. Jimmerson is the playmaker of the committee and definitely needs to get more reps. He was the third back to appear in last night's game. Byrd may still be the starter but Jim needs more playing time.

Edited by GrayEagle
  • Upvote 1

The coaches utilized a game plan to perfection that allowed all 3 running backs to make big plays. I don't see what the big deal is about playing time.

it's times like this that I always like to think back about Julio Jones and Marion Barber... people were always praising Barber and taking a dump on Jones... not realizing that all of those 3(sometimes 2) yard runs into the teeth of the defense were softening up the D for Barber to run over later on in the game...

to me, that's the role that Byrd plays... it ain't always pretty, but it definitely gets that defense tired... and allows Jim Jim to do his thing

• Upvote 1