Please inform me

Dr. Seuss

I dont really understand why everyone is so hyped up about being on ESPN 2... I mean its not like college game day is coming to UNT, its ESPN 2... Im not sure but I dont really think millions of people are really going to watch this game, maybe 20k if were lucky...

Honestly, how many more students will actually go to the game on a tuesday compared to a saturday...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 23

CUSA can't get here soon enough.

This isn't even the "marquee" game for the Sun Belt. Those come on Thursday night on ESPN2.

Our own AD didn't want this game, and are simply trying to make the best of it.

I'll be happy if we get 17k on a Tuesday night. I'm actually bringing 4 extra, so I guess I'm doing my part.

It will be nice when games on national TV become a semi-regular thing next year.

• Upvote 1

Honestly, I don't understand why this thread was started. What's the big deal? We are the only game on at this time on a national sports network allowing us the opportunity to showcase our university, the football program, the mew facilities, I would bet there is a mention or two about our basketball team and the conference move. All at a time when we don't have to compete with a hundred other games being shown/played and it gets us off of Texas/OU Saturday that many if our fence sitting fans would stay home and watch, or attend, instead of going to Apogee.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2

How many times have you watched the entire tuesday or thursday night college football game

Honestly, never. Usually it's just background noise. I agree with the good doctor that some people are making this game into a bigger deal than it really is. Winning one Sun Belt game on ESPN2 isn't going to change the general sports fan's perception of us. It would be a good start though.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Honestly, never. Usually it's just background noise. I agree with the good doctor that some people are making this game into a bigger deal than it really is. Winning one Sun Belt game on ESPN2 isn't going to change the general sports fan's perception of us. It would be a good start though.

Who cares. The ones that matter, recruits, will be watching if not at the game. Every time we have the opportunity to play on national television we should treat it as a big deal. Always put your best foot forward because you never know who is watching.

UNT gets ashot to play on a national TV broadcast as the only game in town that night and some folks still find something to say with a negative tone to it. What I don't get is why UNT fans are ever so quick to find the negative in just about everything that is UNT and UNT athletics. If you don't see tHis as a positive opportunity for the program...well, I am sorry. Fact is...lots more folks will be exposed to UNT and UNT football and Apogee thisnTuesday night because of the game being shown on ESPN 2 than it has in some time. It may just be me, but I am happy about and grateful fornthisbopportunity to showcase the school, the stadium and the team.

Go Mean Green...beat LaLa!

• Upvote 4

ESPN 2 isnt really National Televsion, I mean you could say espn3, comcast southwest, fox sports is national television... National Television is all of the basic channels, not cable networks, imo.. And we have been on all 3 channels before this game

Edited by Dr. Seuss
  • Downvote 6

ESPN 2 isnt really National Televsion, I mean you could say espn3, comcast southwest, fox sports is national television... National Television is all of the basic channels, not cable networks, imo

OK ...your opinion...I just don't agree...it IS a national telecast and most cable firms include ESPN 2 in their lineups.....call it what you want if it helps you.

Does anyone realize that the game is opposite the second presidential debate?

Like anything substantial has ever been said in a debate...they are pointless and stupid....

EDIT: Git Sum Presidentin' in the approved Presidentin' Gittin' location, please.

Hate effing politics as it is now!!! Give me a beer!!!!!

Edited by TheTastyGreek
Politics outside eagles nest

I can guarantee you that the crowd is going to be 22-24K. Guaranteed.

What does that mean? What is the "guarantee" here? What's backing it?

I have zero opinion either way on the size of the crowd. But what exactly is the guarantee, and what's backing it?

The only way to actually guarantee 22-24k would be to buy 22-24k tickets and forcibly conscript 22-24k people to sit in the stadium. Is that what you're doing with your guarantee?

Words mean things. #surlyagingman

I dont really understand why everyone is so hyped up about being on ESPN 2... I mean its not like college game day is coming to UNT, its ESPN 2... Im not sure but I dont really think millions of people are really going to watch this game, maybe 20k if were lucky...

Honestly, how many more students will actually go to the game on a tuesday compared to a saturday...

UNT knows they are the only game in town at this time...they are just trying to put the best foot forward...don't be a jackass....get behind the effort...if you want bigger things from UNT...get behind the team.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

UNT knows they are the only game in town at this time...they are just trying to put the best foot forward...don't be a jackass....get behind the effort...if you want bigger things from UNT...get behind the team.

He's not ripping UNT. Just doesn't get why so many people are making a huge deal about this one game, like its going to change the general perception of our football program. And I doubt there are many people who care about the program as much as the good doctor does.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

He's not ripping UNT. Just doesn't get why so many people are making a huge deal about this one game, like its going to change the general perception of our football program. And I doubt there are many people who care about the program as much as the good doctor does.

You dont think so? Why even have ESPN air it if its no big deal. I guess exposure and publicity isn't good for anything.

You dont think so? Why even have ESPN air it if its no big deal. I guess exposure and publicity isn't good for anything.

ESPN 2 is not a big deal to me, and everyone has a different opinion on it. Thats why I asked and no one has given me a logical reason... I was seeing if anyone has any stats on these weekday mid major games to see what the TV audiences are, how many people actually watch the game, etc.... Until someone can prove to me with stats, this will just be another football game

• Downvote 2