The CougarKing Comes to GMG Thread (With Guest Star MeanGreener)

Cougar King

Well, I guess we can complain about the greeks putting up their letters and scaring the alumni.

You keep bringing up the UNT greeks. At least you did before, so presumably you're referring to them again. Are you referring to the one instance of hubbub that the advisory boards were informed of last season, or is there something else you're hinting at? I'm curious, because my husband and I are both on greek advisory boards here, and we haven't heard anything negative about the greeks tailgating since the beginning of the 2011 season.

You keep bringing up the UNT greeks. At least you did before, so presumably you're referring to them again. Are you referring to the one instance of hubbub that the advisory boards were informed of last season, or is there something else you're hinting at? I'm curious, because my husband and I are both on greek advisory boards here, and we haven't heard anything negative about the greeks tailgating since the beginning of the 2011 season.

Yes maam, you know what I'm referring to.

Wow, this thread is like a fungus... every time I come back, it's spread about 3 or 4 more pages... :nurse:

Whether they admit it or not, the folks at GMG are having fun with this. I lightened this place up.

Edited by Cougar King

People complaining about the MF'ing Eagles thing is one of the petty childish things that I was referring to that annoys me about GMG.com and screams bush league. Who cares what the students do? EVERY school has some outrageously dumb thing like adding MF'in Eagles to it. WHO CARES? We need to stop being petty and fighting among ourselves, especially as we build our fanbase.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

Well, I guess we can complain about the greeks putting up their letters and scaring the alumni.

UH has been certified Tier 1 and I never said we were loaded with 4 and 5 star recruits. I simply said 4 and 5 star guys come to UH. (Which they do, as shown by Rivals, Scout and ESPN)

As for the part I bolded, that is one of the many petty things that you guys make a big deal about. When we play the middle of our fight song, the band remixes it a little bit and everybody loves it. The alumni and old school folks tell us do whatever we want to have fun while still keeping and building the foundation of tradition.

When you crucify the greeks, which is vital to the student body socially, you have a poor student response. As shown last year, when that article was written.

Looking through Rivals back to 2002, UH had zero 5 star recruits and a handful of 4 star recruits, one of which transferred to Louisiana Lafayette. Less than ten 4 star recruits doesn't equate into "they've been coming to UH for years." Please show me where UofH has attained Tier One status. Truth is, they haven't, but have been approved for funding as someone pointed out in another thread.

I could care less what you think about our fight song, but adding MF is about as childish as one can get and is disrespectful to my school, but I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

People complaining about the MF'ing Eagles thing is one of the petty childish things that I was referring to that annoys me about GMG.com and screams bush league. Who cares what the students do? EVERY school has some outrageously dumb thing like adding MF'in Eagles to it. WHO CARES? We need to stop being petty and fighting among ourselves, especially as we build our fanbase.

As noted above, adding MF to our fight song is childish and disrespectful to our university, but like Cougar King, I wouldn't expect you to understand this or comprehend why many find it this way.

So what you are saying is you tried to walk on at UNT, sucked ass, and then slinked on back to SE Texas to try out for the Houston fanboard, which was also met with failute (judging from the lack of any defense of you here and the fact that many on your own board have implored you to stop being a D-Bag on other teams' sites).

And, of course, while at UNT, you were a part of the problem, not the solution.

don't worry it sounds like after UofH goes 4-8 this year, he'll have another 'experience' at LSU during an overnight campout and transfer there next year...

i'm assuming of course, that you CAN color in between the lines right Cougar? You know those applications get tricky sometimes...

Looking through Rivals back to 2002, UH had zero 5 star recruits and a handful of 4 star recruits, one of which transferred to Louisiana Lafayette. Less than ten 4 star recruits doesn't equate into "they've been coming to UH for years." Please show me where UofH has attained Tier One status. Truth is, they haven't, but have been approved for funding as someone pointed out in another thread.

I could care less what you think about our fight song, but adding MF is about as childish as one can get and is disrespectful to my school, but I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

it depends on how you define "tier 1"

The State of Texas was defining it as a member of the AAU since in everything they have released when they compare the number of "tier 1" universities in Texas to other states they are counting the number of AAU members.....UH and every school in Texas not called UT Austin, TAMU College Station, and Rice is a LONG ways away from that

Carnegie does not rank universities or use the term tier 1, but UH is CLASSIFIED in their highest research category and Texas Tech would be today if they did classifications again (next is 2016)

UH and Texas Tech are "tier 1" in the only rankings or publication that uses that term US News and Texas Tech has been for several years and this is the first year for UH to have a numerical ranking in the Us News rankings

so if you go by Us News UH is "tier 1" if you go by what Texas uses they are not and if you use the Carnegie Classifications they are the highest research classification, but it is specifically NOT a ranking and is not to be used as such (even though UH has and still attempts to call the Carnegie Classification "tier 1" and use it as a ranking metric specifically against the Carnegie Foundation Statements about their system of classifications)

and UH and Texas Tech have both already received their NRUF funding checks for obtaining the metrics for the NRUF endowment participation (about 8.5 million each) per year

That's funny you only looked at rivals since Greenberry is 5 stars on Scout and ESPN. A handful of our 3 star guys are 4 stars on Scout and ESPN. Of course, you would try and discredit my statement as much as possible.

You mean "I don't read well." Good does not fit in that sentence, ah the benefit of a non-tier 1 NTSU "education".

don't worry it sounds like after UofH goes 4-8 this year, he'll have another 'experience' at LSU during an overnight campout and transfer there next year...

i'm assuming of course, that you CAN color in between the lines right Cougar? You know those applications get tricky sometimes...

That's funny considering that we went 5-7 the year before we went undefeated and STILL sold out our stadium. As I recall, LSU is ranked higher academically than UNT.

Edited by Cougar King
  • Downvote 2

Look, I apologize if I act a little nutty on the internet. I don't in real life. It's just a forum. I'm just tired of you guys being a little embarrassing to the fanbase. I show passion and it's obvious I love the school. You guys, who knows? All you do is bitch and complain. Every thread doesn't need to be about SMU or the GB lacking a good pregame intro. Why can't we all just get along and root for the good ol' MG?

Anyway, back to Cougar King being a troll.

Look, I agree. I've slacked off posting a lot because of all the complaining and stupid band talk and colors and pageantry. Some people come here for different things. Get used to it. In fact, some of the people who thought this board was too "fluffy kitten joke" for them and wanted to have serious talks about not enough ice in cups and how the new bridge roof angle doesn't exactly match the wing endzone angle here at UNT went off and talk amongst themselves on another board. I agree with you on the point that sometimes things are too serious here. It's a fine line that I think Harry and his mods do a really good job walking. Also, if you'd bother to see who writes certain things you could learn to block or just accept that it's only a couple of people.

So, good job making a point I agree with.

Also, you are just as big an embarrassment and the crap you spew/spewed here as rjmunthe and meangreener on other sites. I don't get it, one sentence you are saying something I agree with, and within the same paragraph I am face palming because you make us all look like idiots. It's obvious you're a young fan. Painfully obvious. We've got young posters here too, we aren't all 60. But you made no effort to get to know anyone here, and have distanced yourself from this board for what amounts to a difference of opinion with a couple of people that you couldn't handle. You don't have to be 60 to act like an adult. And being 18 isn't an excuse for acting like a child.

Also, I'd like to clarify what I consider childish:

Making obvious sophomoric pop culture jokes isn't the same as being totally disrespectful of other fans, of your team or not. Maybe get good at bashing other schools with current and tasteful material. I was a big defender of you on this board because I liked the different view you brought before you dropped your brand of "passion" (profanity-laced-so-serious-it-was-sad) on us. Without you bringing the funny, it is completely unappreciated by me.

Edited by MeanMag
  • Upvote 2

it depends on how you define "tier 1"

The State of Texas was defining it as a member of the AAU since in everything they have released when they compare the number of "tier 1" universities in Texas to other states they are counting the number of AAU members.....UH and every school in Texas not called UT Austin, TAMU College Station, and Rice is a LONG ways away from that

Carnegie does not rank universities or use the term tier 1, but UH is CLASSIFIED in their highest research category and Texas Tech would be today if they did classifications again (next is 2016)

UH and Texas Tech are "tier 1" in the only rankings or publication that uses that term US News and Texas Tech has been for several years and this is the first year for UH to have a numerical ranking in the Us News rankings

so if you go by Us News UH is "tier 1" if you go by what Texas uses they are not and if you use the Carnegie Classifications they are the highest research classification, but it is specifically NOT a ranking and is not to be used as such (even though UH has and still attempts to call the Carnegie Classification "tier 1" and use it as a ranking metric specifically against the Carnegie Foundation Statements about their system of classifications)

and UH and Texas Tech have both already received their NRUF funding checks for obtaining the metrics for the NRUF endowment participation (about 8.5 million each) per year

This guy is too serious.

• Upvote 1

That's funny you only looked at rivals since Greenberry is 5 stars on Scout and ESPN. A handful of our 3 star guys are 4 stars on Scout and ESPN. Of course, you would try and discredit my statement as much as possible.

Greenberry is 4 star on ESPN. http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/113322/deontay-greenberry

He's a 5 star on Scout, but they're notorious for being generous with the 5 stars. Rivals and Scout are generally pretty close together, with Rivals having better coastal/southern scouting, but Scout actually has better scouts in the midwest. Still, Rivals is better than Scout which is better than ESPN. Regardless, 2 of 3 have the guy as a 4 star, which still means he's a top tier prospect. But everybody is guilty of the same thing... they use the scouting service report that ranks their particular guy higher, and not the same one for every prospect.

Look, I agree. I've slacked off posting a lot because of all the complaining and stupid band talk and colors and pageantry. Some people come here for different things. Get used to it. In fact, some of the people who thought this board was too "fluffy kitten joke" for them and wanted to have serious talks about not enough ice in cups and how the new bridge roof angle doesn't exactly match the wing endzone angle here at UNT went off and talk amongst themselves on another board. I agree with you on the point that sometimes things are too serious here. It's a fine line that I think Harry and his mods do a really good job walking. Also, if you'd bother to see who writes certain things you could learn to block or just accept that it's only a couple of people.

So, good job making a point I agree with.

Also, you are just as big an embarrassment and the crap you spew/spewed here as rjmunthe and meangreener on other sites. I don't get it, one sentence you are saying something I agree with, and within the same paragraph I am face palming because you make us all look like idiots. It's obvious you're a young fan. Painfully obvious. We've got young posters here too, we aren't all 60. But you made no effort to get to know anyone here, and have distanced yourself from this board for what amounts to a difference of opinion with a couple of people that you couldn't handle. You don't have to be 60 to act like an adult. And being 18 isn't an excuse for acting like a child.

Also, I'd like to clarify what I consider childish:

Making obvious sophomoric pop culture jokes isn't the same as being totally disrespectful of other fans, of your team or not. Maybe get good at bashing other schools with current and tasteful material. I was a big defender of you on this board because I liked the different view you brought before you dropped your brand of "passion" (profanity-laced-so-serious-it-was-sad) on us. Without you bringing the funny, it is completely unappreciated by me.

I could really care less what you or, for that matter Troy and ULL fans think of me. I will say, I get along just fine without being apart of these forums and I'm definitely not alone in my view of this place. I apologize for not introducing myself, apparently, on a forum exactly the way I'd do in real life. Sarcasm doesn't work well on the internet. So complain away about me being immature or young or whatever, at least it's obvious that I care enough about UNT rather than SMU like 99% of this board. Go discuss the MGC being so expensive or whatever that bullcrap thread was a few weeks ago. I was seriously reinforced in my distaste of this place by crap like that. You make it sound like I need to approve of this place to be a fan, lol. I think it's funny, most people met who know of this place have a pretty negative viewpoint of it. Sorry that calling out blind Troy racists on SBCBBS annoys you, my bad.

I mean, would I like to start over with you guys and meet y'all? Sure. But you look down on me because of "immaturity" as you bitch about fees, bridges and colors...it goes both ways. I'm done with immature rants because I want to repair bridges, but at the end of the day, do I really care that guys whom act immature on this forum think less of me? No. I can apologize if you want over the way I acted here if it'll make you feel better, because I did act stupid, but it doesn't change my opinion.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ya, building a fan base is yelling "MFing Eagles" in the ear of the family of four (you know, 2 kids, about 9 and 11) who came out to check out the game.

That'll make them feel at home and welcomed back.

Have respect for others. Have respect for yourself. Have respect for UNT.

And every program has petty fans on petty fanboards (hyperbole). The big ones have thousands more than the 50 to 100 regulars on here.

It's kinda what they are for, don't ya think??

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

This thread has everything. Accio FUN! My patronus is still a keyboard and my apologies to the extraordinary gentlemen of YAC once again for stopping awesome stuff like this thread. It's not the internet we need, but the internet we deserve.

• Upvote 4