Just Sayin'

MeanGreenGlory

Not a good comparison. I think LSU may have been looking ahead a little. NT played well, don't take anything away from our guys. But getting ready for the #8 team in the country is a little different than a middle of the pack SBC team...

I hear this argument all the time. And I buy it for about two quarters...if you're that good of a team, which we assume LSU is, you don't come out of the locker room STILL overlooking your opponent. LSU never pulled starters, took shots downfield and played to score until the very end...evidenced by their TD with 4 mins to go. They didn't look ahead, they just didn't expect what they got from us.

• Upvote 3

I hear this argument all the time. And I buy it for about two quarters...if you're that good of a team, which we assume LSU is, you don't come out of the locker room STILL overlooking your opponent. LSU never pulled starters, took shots downfield and played to score until the very end...evidenced by their TD with 4 mins to go. They didn't look ahead, they just didn't expect what they got from us.

Kind of the same thing I was saying but turned up with a little more sunshine & puppy dog?

I'm no expert, and we all know opinions are like assholes, but I've watched and wagered on lots of college football for the last 12 years and I promise you LSU would've prepared & played differently had NT been ranked #8 coming into Death Valley.

• Upvote 1

Kind of the same thing I was saying but turned up with a little more sunshine & puppy dog?

I'm no expert, and we all know opinions are like assholes, but I've watched and wagered on lots of college football for the last 12 years and I promise you LSU would've prepared & played differently had NT been ranked #8 coming into Death Valley.

If we were number 8 would we be playing an opening game in their backyard? Since we were not ranked did they prepare to lose the game or did the coaches give them days off from practice? Every single person not wearing green in death valley prepared for 2 weeks to show the nation we didn't belong on that field and Lsu is the number one team in the nation!

• Upvote 2

I guess someone told OU we were the #8 teM in the country back in 2007, right?

Or someOne told Oregon that Ark St was the #8 ranked team this year, right?

I get where you are coming from, but you are just flat put wrong about this.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1