UL AD Scott Farmer Article

Harry

This is an exciting change for me. I previously supported Lafayatte's ascension to the one true University of Louisiana and the demise of ULM. Now I hope they both mire together forever in the branding swamp that the Louisiana legislature made for them. Now I'll get a kick out of every time ESPN lists them as UL Laf. 'You'll laugh.'

• Upvote 2

I really don't understand why an AD would go out of his way to single us out. You're supposed to represent your university with class if you're the AD, this is borderline disrespectful. I hope we destroy ULL in everything this year.

Anyone remember when the ex UL-Monroe HFC Charlie Weatherby (sp?) threw a hissy fit saying someting like "how did North Texas recruit Jamario Thomas because he's not the pedigree of player they would ever recruit and sign at that school." Talk about jealousy (the vaunted green monster) at an all time high with that comment.

WARNING: This last season in the SBC is not going to be a Sunday School picnic for North Texas because of more cheap shots (both verbal and physical) to come from schools that (quite frankly) I'd still never-ever heard of the season we beat both the University of Houston and the University of Tennessee in football...........I promise, I really hadn't; oh well, Arkansas State would be the exception because Larry Lacewell had the Indians going full speed ahead during that era.

Yet I thought ULM's then HFC Weatherby' comment was one of the most over the top comments that UNT had ever received from one of our good SBC conference bretheran in the time we've served in this conference.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Makes me glad we have RV. All of the "Assertions" in the article are spot on for UL. All of the "Assertions" were spot on for North Texas 10 years ago but we did something about it. They are where North Texas was a decade ago. They "plan" and we "did". Farmer can spin this until the cows come home but we earned this. I am already tired of the sour grapes by our conference mates. We addressed the budget and facilities issues and they didn't. Make no mistake - CUSA is a huge step up from the SBC.

Makes me glad we have RV. All of the "Assertions" in the article are spot on for UL. All of the "Assertions" were spot on for North Texas 10 years ago but we did something about it. They are where North Texas was a decade ago. They "plan" and we "did". Farmer can spin this until the cows come home but we earned this. I am already tired of the sour grapes by our conference mates. We addressed the budget and facilities issues and they didn't. Make no mistake - CUSA is a huge step up from the SBC.

And on a grander scale, TCU did what they had to do to get where they are today.

RV does tend to keep critical thoughts to himself (as he should) and usually when he gets media quotes they're usually positive and upbeat.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.ragincajuns.com/mobile/index.aspx?rp_id=478

By the way, if you didn't know, the Lady Cajun's softball team beat Stanford and made it to the Super Regionals, and last Thursday true Freshman phenom Pitcher Jordan Wallace only gave up three hits to take down defending National Champion Arizona State in their first game of three. State would take the next two to eliminate ULL last weekend. ULL finished the season 53-6.

But interestingly, Wallace, who was 27-1 after that game, and who won her first 23 games this year before taking her first loss, is from Weatherford TX.

I love the fact that this kind of talent is right here locally, we just got to go out and get them here instead of letting the likes of ULL recruit them out from under our very nose.

Rick

• Upvote 1

My take is that when C-USA is looking at the large media markets (specifically DFW), it's much more about C-USA and much less about UNT. UNT just opens the door for C-USA to promote it's brand in one of the top 5 media market. The conference and networks are just as concerned with how many folks will watch a Rice verse UTEP game as they are a UNT verse team X. The 6.5 million DFW market is loaded with alumni that expand well beyond UNT including a significant number with C-USA affilitation. You really think they added UTSA and Charlotte for their mature athletic programs?.... Sorry coach Farmer if you were closer to a large media market you may well have been invited to the dance..

Meh...

FIU and ourselves can expect much more of this in the next year. Whether it's sour grapes, justifying to your fan base your exclusion from realignment, or something else.

Be the bigger university and go about our business.