Player to Follow Benford?

bdan2002

Reading that a player from Fort Bend, Texas might be following Coach Benford back to his home state.

Also, someone mentioned the possibility that Tony might offer Durley to come to North Texas with him. I would love that opportunity for Durley. (from message board)

ARTICLE FROM A FEW DAYS AGO (PUBLISHED 3 days and 18 hours ago

LAST UPDATED 3 days and 17 hours ago)

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2012-04-20/marquette-gives-prep-c-aaron-durley-his-release#ixzz1szAAE2hm

MILWAUKEE—Marquette has released prep center Aaron Durley from his national letter of intent.

The Milwaukee school said Friday that Durley was granted his release and won't join the Golden Eagles basketball program next season.

The 6-10, 270-pounder out of Ft. Bend Bush High School in Texas had signed with Marquette last November.

In a statement, Marquette coach Buzz Williams said it's been "a privilege and pleasure building a relationship" with Durley and his family, and wished him "the absolute best" in his academic and athletic career.

WIKI posting on Durley:

Aaron Durley (born July 21, 1993 in Houston, Texas) is a former Little League World Series baseball player known for his exceptional size, and current all-state high school basketball player.

He first became the object of media attention in 2005 (though garnered much more in 2006 when he had grown 4 more inches to 6' 8"),[1] when he played first base[2][3] and pitched[4] and batted fifth[1] in the Little League World Series for the Arabian American team from Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, which is largely composed of the children of foreign petroleum workers, many from the United States.[5][6][7][8][9] In 2006, he made his second consecutive series appearance for Dhahran.[10] At 6' 9", 245, Durley is the biggest player in Little League World Series history.[11][12] He was taller than the average NBA player.[13]

1056757.gif

This thread has made me lol to no end.

I hope we land this guy.

I don't know. Seems a little short, even for a point guard.

Plus, I'm all for vocal leadership and all, but this guy seems a bit divisive.

Thoughts?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2