Hotels in Hot Springs

unt_rocket09

You'll probably want to reserve a room before you go. Seems that hotels are filling up this year faster than they have before, at least for Friday and Saturday night. We're staying at the Austin for Sunday-Tuesday, but haven't been able to get a room close to downtown/arena for Friday/Saturday yet. I like staying at the Austin because it's reasonably priced and a great location.

And if you've never been before, you are in for a real treat! It's a blast!

The Travelodge worked out great for us last year. Incredibly cheap, clean enough, and as close to everything as you could be. Our hungover asses even slept 4 hours past checkout time the last day at no charge. Those 4am bar closing times are a killer.... We'll be back.

Awesome guys thanks for the info.

About 90% of hot springs is off central ave. If u can't get a hotel by the convention center just try to find something off there. An easy drive to & from & it keeps you from getting lost. Only thing that kinda sucks in the traffic coming in & out of the horsetrack , but its nothing if u have driven on the loop in Denton before

The Travelodge worked out great for us last year. Incredibly cheap, clean enough, and as close to everything as you could be. Our hungover asses even slept 4 hours past checkout time the last day at no charge. Those 4am bar closing times are a killer.... We'll be back.

seriously 4 AM? this is my first time going, and I'm excited-er if this is the case!

I recommend the Smarty Jones suite in the Arlington. It's an older hotel with a great history and is (reportedly) haunted. The Smarty Jones suite was huge and fairly nice for an older hotel.

Are all of the rooms named for racehorses? I know that Oaklawn Park is somewhere nearby. Cool! :thumbsu:

I recommend the Smarty Jones suite in the Arlington. It's an older hotel with a great history and is (reportedly) haunted. The Smarty Jones suite was huge and fairly nice for an older hotel.

I agree about the Arlington. It has seen better days but it is one of the last really grand hotels of that era still in business. Besides, you get all the free spring water you can drink!

I don't wish to come off as a snob, but what nice hotels are in the area. I would like for the trip to be a nice two day get-away from the kids for my wife. I did not see much in the way of top quality hotels in the area. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Go with the Arlington if they still have rooms. It's a classic and when my wife and I walked through it last year we enjoyed the look and feel of the "old girl"....really...check out the web site for the place and see what you can find...I think the Embassy Suites are sold out and that's really not a high-end hotel...check out the Arlington...but whatever you do...just show up in Hot Springs. It really is a lot of fun!

went to hot springs for the smarty party at oaklawn back when he was running for the triple crown at the belmont. we stayed at the arlington...cool as shit...and right in the middle of things.

Edited by THOR

Are all of the rooms named for racehorses? I know that Oaklawn Park is somewhere nearby. Cool! :thumbsu:

No, just this one. I think the story is the trainer or the owner stayed in that suite when Smarty Jones was racing at Oaklawn. The room is decorated with Smarty Jones stuff. Below are a few pictures I took when I stayed there a couple of years ago. There's also a nice, rooftop patio that I didn't get photo of that. In addition to Smarty Jones, they have an Al Capone suite - historians say he'd rent out the entire the floor.

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg