Mustafa Haboul DT- Arlington Martin Commits to North Texas

Brett Vito

52 tackles on the year. 8 Sacks. 1 Caused Fumble.

Honored as POW from DMN for his game against Euless Trinity

"He plays every play with fanatical effort. He’s on the inside, getting double-teamed and knocked down, so it’s not like he had five tackles and a sack coming off the edge.” — Bob Wager"

DMN

6-1 240 lbs. could he be a linebacker??

There is video of him here at 1:56 sacking Arlington Lamar's QB. Again with coverage at 3:55

Video

So this is three committments in a row with only D2 offers or below? I believe we have good coaches, but people need to be realistic that this recruiting season has been a little on the disappointing side.

Until I get a better sense of how well Mac appraises talent, I will hold my opinion either way. So far, I like what he has done with the talent he has, so that gives me hope that he knows what he is doing in recruiting it.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

So this is three committments in a row with only D2 offers or below? I believe we have good coaches, but people need to be realistic that this recruiting season has been a little on the disappointing side.

When you have 3 late decommits, the quality is obviously going to slip with their replacements. That is not to say that they won't be successful here.

Until I get a better sense of how well Mac appraises talent, I will hold my opinion either way. So far, I like what he has done with the talent he has, so that gives me hope that he knows what he is doing in recruiting it.

EDIT: I hope these kids prove everyone wrong.

Edited by Mean Green Matt

I believe Freddie was a Tech decommit.

Anyone remember what other teams recruit Patrick Cobbs, Casey Fitzgerald, Brandon Kennedy, Chris Hurd, Andy Brewster, etc..? Just sayin.

By contrast, what teams recruited Alonzo Horton, Kylee Hill, Dawaylon Cook, etc..?

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Anyone remember what other teams recruit Patrick Cobbs, Casey Fitzgerald, Brandon Kennedy, Chris Hurd, Andy Brewster, etc..? Just sayin.

By contrast, what teams recruited Alonzo Horton, Kylee Hill, Dawaylon Cook, etc..?

EXACTLY...to get hung up on star ratings at this point is really a tad silly. I think we all would like to have 20+ 5-star rated kids signing tomorrow so we could puff our collective chests out and say..."look at us", but that will not be the case. I am pretty darn pleased with the commits UNT has right now...we'll see how many sign tomorrow...then we will all have a much better feel for the POTENTIAL of this class...that's all it is folks, potential, until they put the pads on, decide mentally that D-1 football is for them, get used to college ball and college academics, handle Coach Mac's in-and-off season programs and go out and play the game. If POTENTIAL were all that mattered UT would have a recent string of national championship banners hanging in Austin!

From what I have seen so far, Coach mac and Company know what they are doing. I'll leave it to them to get all they can from the entire team and develop UNT's so-called "lower star and no star" recruits into actual 5-star players!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Pending name change to The Armadillos? :lol: Naw, Coach Mac is just getting started here, so I'll reserve judgement until 2013. Just hope that the kid's ready to setup shop in the weight room/training table, or has the speed and quickness to move to LB. Welcome aboard!

....and from the same era Evan Cardwell from little 2-A Hutto, and the hardest working RB (besides Patrick Cobbs) to play at NT, James Mitchell (#37 on your program) from Liberty Christian.

Most recently. Who ever heard of Victor Gill (Argyle), and Aaron Fortenberry (2-A Era) before they arrived at NT.

Overachievers one and all.

Let's hope Mr. Haboul joins this group before he leaves NT.

• Upvote 1

....and from the same era Evan Cardwell from little 2-A Hutto, and the hardest working RB (besides Patrick Cobbs) to play at NT, James Mitchell (#37 on your program) from Liberty Christian.

Most recently. Who ever heard of Victor Gill (Argyle), and Aaron Fortenberry (2-A Era) before they arrived at NT.

Overachievers one and all.

Let's hope Mr. Haboul joins this group before he leaves NT.

Exactly. I'd rather have a team full of players like this that realize they need to work to maximize their talent and don't shy away from hard work.

Mustafa Habol also played full back in Arlingon Martins offense. Mustafa scored a TD and

a two point conversion his senior year. Great blocker out of the backfield.

In the NT recruiting offers, there were a couple of true full backs the staff was recruiting and offered

schoarships to.

No true FB's signed with North Texas.

Just wondering, would the staff try Mustafa at Full Back?

I would not mind having a 6-1, 250lbs fullback on the team.

I guess Mac believes he can take these 250 pound kids and make due at the DT position. I really hope their frames are capable of holding another 30 pounds and can still maintain their quickness. I like that both this kid as well as Sutton play with a mean streak, but given the fact that we only have 3 DT's on scholarship who can contribute next season, I don't know if I would have gone this route. We will be in a lot of trouble if Boutwell, Cantly or Abbe go down next season.