Kansas board reacts to Bowen hire

Harry

Best board for KU football is rivals but it is all premium. Scout board is good for free stuff. KUsports isn't very good (message board). I went to KU and UNT so I follow both programs.

From what I've gathered Bowen is going to KU. Sounds like A&M also wanted him. I'm not sure if he is going to be DC, co-DC, or position coach and special team coordinator. Everybody at KU likes Bowen but some aren't sold as him as lone DC (mainly because Weis is going to be hands off on defense). Bowen was really on DC at KU for two years. Bill Young (now at OSU) called defenses before that even though Bowen was listed as co-DC for a couple of those years.

I found this board to be more active Scout these guys are not believing any news about Bowen coming in as a DC and are dismissing any reports. Didn't the guy have 4 yrs of DC at Kansas under his belt? Some idiots on there wholeheartedly believe that Leavitt will come in.....as a DC. Ummmmm yeah ok.

Leavitt? But Leavitt beat a kid near to death with a crow bar. Nearly 700 players witnessed it personally as it happened. Who would ever hire that guy?

Rick

Leavitt? But Leavitt beat a kid near to death with a crow bar. Nearly 700 players witnessed it personally as it happened. Who would ever hire that guy?

Rick

Where is Leavitt these days? Is he coaching in college? Seriously, I hadn't heard what happened to him after USF, except that he was in a lawsuit against them.

From what I've gathered Bowen is going to KU. Sounds like A&M also wanted him. I'm not sure if he is going to be DC, co-DC, or position coach and special team coordinator. Everybody at KU likes Bowen but some aren't sold as him as lone DC (mainly because Weis is going to be hands off on defense). Bowen was really on DC at KU for two years. Bill Young (now at OSU) called defenses before that even though Bowen was listed as co-DC for a couple of those years.

Isn't it nice to have assistants who BCS auto-qualifiers fight over for a change?

Isn't it nice to have assistants who BCS auto-qualifiers fight over for a change?

I would say if said BCS auto-qualifier programs really, really, really wanted him, they could throw an extra $250K to $450K over what UNT offered him and he'd take it. Unless you just can't put a price on coaching buddies. And for the record, I'm glad we got him. He's going to be good and it keeps the recruiting flowing.

Leavitt is the LB coach for the 49ers.

It will be very interesting to see which college will take a chance on Leavitt. Eventually, his success will get him another chance. Its just interesting that no college has openly courted him since the USF firing. Maybe he has had lots of offers behind-the-scenes, but I guess that's why I didn't know where he was these days.