tonight is the third night. not like anyone in Mean Green nation cares, but just thought I'd share.

Support your local Jew today- go watch a movie made by Hollywood.

Edited by meanJewGreen

Do you have a particular Chinese restaurant you'll be going to on Sunday?

There's some truth to that stereotype. My wife & I were married on Dec. 20th (25 years ago, in the University Ministry Center, which was then also used by the Denton Jewish Congregation - but I digress), so we were on our honeymoon during Christmas. The only restaurant we could find that was open on Christmas day was a Chinese restaurant. I still get a laugh out of that. I can imagine that most of the people there were also Jewish. :lol:

And, by the way... Get out your harmonica, it's time to celebrate Chanukah!

I just got this a couple days ago about the history of Jews and Chinese restaurants in New York. It's a pretty long read, but I found it immensely fascinating. Sure was nice to read something that had nothing to do with adjusted basis!

Link

So I just have one question. Are the eight nights really all that Crazy, or was Adam Sandler just hamming it up?

I just got this a couple days ago about the history of Jews and Chinese restaurants in New York. It's a pretty long read, but I found it immensely fascinating. Sure was nice to read something that had nothing to do with adjusted basis!

Link

So I just have one question. Are the eight nights really all that Crazy, or was Adam Sandler just hamming it up?

Thanks for sharing! Wow, a scholarly paper on Jews and Chinese food! Wonder if they got a government grant? :P

Having grown up on Long Island, and with the rest of my family still living there, I offer this observation: No strip mall on Long Island is complete unless it has a Chinese take-out, a Pizza Parlor, and (at least since the 80's) a nail salon.

I liveed in Park Slope for two years before moving back to Texas, and in reverse-commuting to Long Island, used to pass this restaurant almost every day: Shang Chai Kosher Chinese Restaurant Never ate there (never was that curious), but it always gave me a laugh!

As for "Eight Crazy Nights", I guess it was crazy if you got

presents every night. I didn't, and I don't know anyone else who did, so no, it wasn't crazy. For better or worse, Chanukah is a Christmas substitute.

when i was younger i got one present a day, but I really don't need much nowadays so it's kind of a "whenever" thing.

Thanks for sharing! Wow, a scholarly paper on Jews and Chinese food! Wonder if they got a government grant? :P

Having grown up on Long Island, and with the rest of my family still living there, I offer this observation: No strip mall on Long Island is complete unless it has a Chinese take-out, a Pizza Parlor, and (at least since the 80's) a nail salon.

I liveed in Park Slope for two years before moving back to Texas, and in reverse-commuting to Long Island, used to pass this restaurant almost every day: Shang Chai Kosher Chinese Restaurant Never ate there (never was that curious), but it always gave me a laugh!

As for "Eight Crazy Nights", I guess it was crazy if you got

presents every night. I didn't, and I don't know anyone else who did, so no, it wasn't crazy. For better or worse, Chanukah is a Christmas substitute.